Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 02:39 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

[quote=KoobleKar;17954781]And that's all it was was a pot shot which has no basis in fact.Oh it is a fact alright, but it is your right to think otherwise, that debate was fought a long way back and is old news now. I was just giving a tit for tat and you know it so don't rag me on it unless you plan on doing the same to one of yours

No one said they couldn't voice their opinion...just that they could allow another student to voice his without being shouted down and called a "racist" (?). I said "I disagree with them 100%", if had I been there they would have gotten an earfull of my opinion and they would have hated me just as much as they do with anyone else that believes in serving their nation. Did you miss that or are you just trying to be agruementative?[/quote]
Casper

[quote=KoobleKar;17954781]And that's all it was was a pot shot which has no basis in fact.Oh it is a fact alright, but it is your right to think otherwise, that debate was fought a long way back and is old news now. I was just giving a tit for tat and you know it so don't rag me on it unless you plan on doing the same to one of yours for making a rediculous statement, jeeeez

No one said they couldn't voice their opinion...just that they could allow another student to voice his without being shouted down and called a "racist" (?). I said "I disagree with them 100%", if had I been there they would have gotten an earful of my opinion and they would have hated me just as much as they do with anyone else that believes in serving their nation. Did you miss that or are you just trying to be argumentative?[/quote]
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 02:41 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Real Americans
Who determines who Real Americans are?
Casper

Old 02-20-2011, 02:41 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
What, like Dubya that hide in the TANG before deserting, oh mean, before going on an extended leave of absence without anyone in the chain of commands knowledge?
A "Lost" Fact in the "Rathergate" Mess — Part 1 | BernardGoldberg.com

Quote:
Mary Mapes knew before she put the story on the air that George W. Bush, the alleged slacker, had in fact volunteered to go to Vietnam.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:43 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Who determines who Real Americans are?
It's determined by the size of the American flag you fly off the back of your pick-up truck.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:44 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Sounds like the Vet has been brainwashed by right wing paranoia

"There are bad men out there plotting to kill you."

Yea, whatever...Not the extent we kill innocent civilians all over the World.

But good for Columbia, I hope they keep ROTC off the campus.

If you're ignorant enough, or apathetic enough, to join the military while this immoral, needless, meddling in other countries is going on..go for it.

But don't drag college kids into it.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:47 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

Yea, whatever...not the extent we kill innocent civilians all over the World.

If you're ignorant enough, or apathetic enough, to join the military while this immoral, needless, meddling in other countries is going on..go for it.

And with your words, you deserve ZERO protection from our military. Let you and your family be on the front line the next time there is a problem.

The ignorant apathetic idiots are the lefties whom have no class and no respect for what our men and women in the military do.

Typical of the left....take, take, take and expect everything for nothing.

Do you enjoy sleeping at night knowing someon else has made it ok for you to do so without the fear of being invaded?

Old 02-20-2011, 02:51 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:

Yea, whatever...Not the extent we kill innocent civilians all over the World.

Sounds like the students has been brainwashed by left wing lunatics.

So just when is Comlumbia Universities favorite speaker, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, coming back to town.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
And with your words, you deserve ZERO protection from our military. Let you and your family be on the front line the next time there is a problem.

The ignorant apathetic idiots are the lefties whom have no class and no respect for what our men and women in the military do.

Typical of the left....take, take, take and expect everything for nothing.

Do you enjoy sleeping at night knowing someon else has made it ok for you to do so without the fear of being invaded?
You can dream up all the bloody liberal killing fantasies you wish....LOL

The fact of the matter is my kids will not be joining the US military.

The leaders in this country have shown they are willing to shed soldiers blood for Israeli strategic interests, and right wing ego trips.

No thanks! Count us out....Go wrap yourself in the Flag and have at it!

You want to believe US propaganda and be intentionally ignorant? Let your kids pay the price.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Sounds like the students has been brainwashed by left wing lunatics.

So just when is Comlumbia Universities favorite speaker, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, coming back to town.
Who knows? But I hope he's allowed to speak again....just like this misled soldier was.

Oh and btw....Ahmadinejad was heckled a hell of a lot more than this guy was ....Did you get your panties in a wad about that "assault on free speech"?

Old 02-20-2011, 03:03 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
You can dream up all the bloody liberal killing fantasies you wish....LOL

The fact of the matter is my kids will not be joining the US military.

The leaders in this country have shown they are willing to shed soldiers blood for Israeli strategic interests, and right wing ego trips.

No thanks! Count us out....Go wrap yourself in the Flag and have at it!

You want to believe US propaganda and be intentionally ignorant? Let your kids pay the price.
And why are you still here? Find another country that supports your liberal thinking.

I hope your kids grow up and become better people than the low expectations you obviously have set for them. Kids do suprise us sometimes and wouldn't that just be a bitter pill for you to swallow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies