Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 04:01 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,191,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
When you whip up conspiracy theory hysteria, and then none of the bad things you predict actually happen, people start to catch on. Stuff like that always catches up with people eventually.
sounds like Al gore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 04:26 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,859,352 times
He's popular, but I don't like him. He doesn't let guests talk, and interrupts them constantly. And, he's a homophobic racist. Yes, he is.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:33 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,494,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

As of Sept. 2010, 296 advertisers had asked not to be on Glenn Beck, up from 26 in August 2009.
Where did you come up with this number? Advertisers do not ask to not advertise on a particular show. They simply don't pay for advertising time on there.

And who keeps track of this? I doubt Glenn Beck's people would be releasing this (even if true).

And 296 companies? LOLs. I think there are something like 40 million business owners in the U.S. That only leaves 39,999,104 companies to sell ad time to.

I suspect something is fishy here.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
When you whip up conspiracy theory hysteria, and then none of the bad things you predict actually happen, people start to catch on. Stuff like that always catches up with people eventually.
Like Global warming? The New Ice Age? How about the Kuwati oil fires? S.A.R.S? Swine Flu?

Three Mile Island? Ronald Reagan was going to kill off the blacks with AIDS? George Bush was going to kill Social Security?

Doctors perform unecessary operations to make money? Pass the stmilous or unemployemnt goes up? Cell phones cause cancer?

I sure am glad that it is only Beck that that engages in conspiracy theory hysteria.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:40 PM

9,300 posts, read 16,598,288 times
I used to listen to Beck but then he went off in la-la land. I like Fox News but get tired of the major content of the news related to politics. Hell there are other things going on in the world. How many young soldiers died today in Afghanistan? What were their names?

Old 02-20-2011, 04:43 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,348,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Where did you come up with this number? Advertisers do not ask to not advertise on a particular show. They simply don't pay for advertising time on there.

And who keeps track of this? I doubt Glenn Beck's people would be releasing this (even if true).

And 296 companies? LOLs. I think there are something like 40 million business owners in the U.S. That only leaves 39,999,104 companies to sell ad time to.

Advertisers can purchase packages where their advertisements air during certain times (10-2, 1-5, etc). Yes, advertisers can ask to have their ads not aired during specific programming.

As for the rest, though, I don't know if that 296 # is accurate.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Advertisers can purchase packages where their advertisements air during certain times (10-2, 1-5, etc). Yes, advertisers can ask to have their ads not aired during specific programming.

As for the rest, though, I don't know if that 296 # is accurate.
Interesting. Didn't know that.

I still wonder why then FOX would release this number (if true).

Old 02-20-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I used to listen to Beck but then he went off in la-la land. I like Fox News but get tired of the major content of the news related to politics. Hell there are other things going on in the world. How many young soldiers died today in Afghanistan? What were their names?
I have long suspected this is why ratings for all news shows has declined.

There is very little news and it is mostly about political manuevering by people in D.C.

The media is too close to the politicians. Therein lies the problem.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:53 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,348,498 times
Quote:
Interesting. Didn't know that.

I still wonder why then FOX would release this number (if true).
It's happened with MTV's Skins as well. It's not really that uncommon to happen with shows like Beck's. But ya... the exact number seems a bit high and I can't verify it (I haven't looked to hard, though).

Old 02-20-2011, 04:57 PM

77,003 posts, read 47,342,336 times
Quote:

You haven't been following news. Last year companies started telling FOX that they do not want their ads on Beck show. They were specific requests from compnies who had earlier paid to advertise in his show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies