Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will white's vote for Obama in 2012
Yes 63 52.07%
No 53 43.80%
I'm not voting 6 4.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:52 PM

371 posts, read 393,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Again I NEVER refuted the fact that ALL Black communities have high crime and other problems.

NOTHING YOU HAVE POSTED REFUTES THE FACT THAT PROBLEMS WITH CRIME AND LOW INCOME ARE NOT EXCLUSIVE TO BLACK AMERICANS.
100% of black cities fail. Combine that with the scumbags that they put in charge and the way they destroy the city and it should put into perspective why black voters are a concern.

They vote for failure, vote for high crime, vote for handouts and vote by race.

Even when education levels are higher and income is higher, the social problems remain high. Prince George's Country is a prime example.

Not sure how many times (this is the 4th and last) I have to type that everyone has the capability to make a trashed city. And almost every group can make a decent city. But blacks so far haven't proven to be in that group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 10:06 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy8876 View Post
100% of black cities fail. Combine that with the scumbags that they put in charge and the way they destroy the city and it should put into perspective why black voters are a concern.

They vote for failure, vote for high crime, vote for handouts and vote by race.

Even when education levels are higher and income is higher, the social problems remain high. Prince George's Country is a prime example.

Not sure how many times (this is the 4th and last) I have to type that everyone has the capability to make a trashed city. And almost every group can make a decent city. But blacks so far haven't proven to be in that group.
If you really believe this then you are doomed. Just go ahead and put a gun to your head right now and pull the trigger. The coming demographic wave is going to change the political dynamics in this country and YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LIKE IT.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:22 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
I voted yes they will, because many of them seem to be liberal but I may be wrong, and will support Obama no matter what, no matter how many wars he continues, no matter how many more people get killed because of them, no matter if he continues the PATRIOT Act, no matter what. HOPE CAHNGE OBMAA

I didn't support him in 2008 and will not support him in 2012 either.
I think for the exact things you mentioned is why young whites won't vote for him. Obama won because of the young vote. I just don't see them believing a thing he says next time around - you can just feel it in the air. He has just disappointed too many people. And now, that's he's running on his increase college graduate theme - with so many graduates not getting jobs in their fields they
are really just rolling their eyes when he speaks.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:31 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I think for the exact things you mentioned is why young whites won't vote for him. Obama won because of the young vote. I just don't see them believing a thing he says next time around - you can just feel it in the air. He has just disappointed too many people. And now, that's he's running on his increase college graduate theme - with so many graduates not getting jobs in their fields they
are really just rolling their eyes when he speaks.
Doubt it. I think most young Americans believe in Obama and his views. Some may be a little upset, and I could see turnout being somewhat lower than 2008 among young voters, but I sure as hell don't see anyone in the GOP crowd appealing to young voters.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:35 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Speak up. will you?
Governemt Union leeches, social program leeches, leftists, communists and some miss led college students would IMO.

Should he be re-elected? NO.

Could he possibly be? Sure.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:37 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Doubt it. I think most young Americans believe in Obama and his views. Some may be a little upset, and I could see turnout being somewhat lower than 2008 among young voters, but I sure as hell don't see anyone in the GOP crowd appealing to young voters.
The young don't have that kind of impact. The independents will rule the day.

Are indepents happy with Obama? Just look at the 2010 elections and let me know the answer later.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

Are indepents happy with Obama? Just look at the 2010 elections and let me know the answer later.
Obama's approvals are up about 5-8 points or so since Election Day. Not to mention how some vote in a Midterm doesn't mean how they are going to vote the following Election. Casing point the last time the GOP had a bi Midterm sweep....

One key is going to be who the GOP nominates, the problem for the GOP is they have very little that appeal towards Independents.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Obama is acting so much like a republican at this point in
time - if a third party candidate comes along they may go
that way, or they might be so disgusted by 2012 they might vote in no where near the numbers to help Obama.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

The young had a very big impact in his last election.
Just look at the numbers. He got more young votes than
any other democratic candidate in history.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Obama is acting so much like a republican at this point in
time - if a third party candidate comes along they may go
that way, or they might be so disgusted by 2012 they might vote in no where near the numbers to help Obama.
I really don't see that, and even if its 12 years later I think the Nader impact that gave us Bush will stick around for quite some time and be in the mind of may voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies