Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2011, 03:12 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
And Republicans have absolutely no interest in the inner cities. When White flight and de-industrialization devasted inner cities during the 1980's Ronald Reagan stood by and did absolultely nothing.

The core tenet of Reganomics and the modern Conservative Movement is best described by Eddie Murphy:

"If you're not rich f***********k you!"
If your quoting Eddie Murphy for this stuff you have issues IMO. LOL

Reagan, Obama, Clinton, Bush has nothing to do with what you are talking about. The responsibility belongs totally with those who complain.

If there is no work somewhere you?
#1 Stay there and starve. Beg for social programs.
or
#2 Move to where the work is?

From the market:
What dictates your pay?
#1 Your skills and what you are worth.
or
#2 Your dreamy expectations.

Reagan only lowered the amount of taxes taken out of people's paychecks so they could do more with their own money. (PS, IT IS YOUR MONEY GOVERNMENT TAKES).
Some saved, most bought stuff creating jobs and Democrats broke their word and increased spending $1.7 dollars for every new dollar Reagan brought in with his tax relief.

The tax relief by the way doubled the money going into the treasury. Twice as much money wasn't enough for government.

Now if you think government needs more money, I think you should cut them a check (which you are allowed to do) to the US Treasury. They will gladly take your generous contribution. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 03:15 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I wouldn't know, ask the fools in this thread who claim that only black people are qualified to know anything about black people.
Clearly, reading isn't one of your strong points as I haven't seen a single post that says only black people are qualified to know anything about black people.

The question that the OP posed was how can I avoid being bashed by other blacks when I tell them I'm a black conservative. Sure we can all offer advice but the best advice would be from a group of black conservatives.

You can say "try this" and "say that" until you've used every word in the dictionary but at the end of the day if you're not a black conservative then your experience is not going to be the same as the one he is describing.

I am not a black conservative so I've never had to go through it either so I can't tell him how to approach the subject. The best advice I can give is exactly what I said "find some more open-minded people to talk to" as the black liberals I know don't go foaming at the mouth when they see a black conservative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
or

From the market:
What dictates your pay?
or
The things you said here are my issue with the current welfare system. If you have no skills and education, it doesn't matter where you move to or how much work there is, you will ALWAYS be in the same position. I've always thought government assistance should come with a requirement to be enrolled in some sort of educational or trade program and pass it within a certain amount of time.

What good does it do to pay someone's rent and buy them food for X amount of years when at the end of it they still have no clue how to get a job to support themselves?

Old 02-21-2011, 03:16 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
And Republicans have absolutely no interest in the inner cities. When White flight and de-industrialization devasted inner cities during the 1980's Ronald Reagan stood by and did absolultely nothing.
Now I have to ask which particular programs in the 70s - when white flight and industrial decline peaked - did you want in the 80s? What did Nixon/Ford/Carter do differently from Reagan?

Old 02-21-2011, 03:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
the black liberals I know don't go foaming at the mouth when they see a black conservative.

Having read your posts on this forum I must say that is extermely hard to believe.....

Old 02-21-2011, 03:19 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Having read your posts on this forum I must say that is extermely hard to believe.....
Really? Give an example. Go on, I'll wait for it.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:21 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
If your quoting Eddie Murphy for this stuff you have issues IMO. LOL

Reagan, Obama, Clinton, Bush has nothing to do with what you are talking about. The responsibility belongs totally with those who complain.

or

From the market:
What dictates your pay?
or

Reagan only lowered the amount of taxes taken out of people's paychecks so they could do more with their own money. (PS, IT IS YOUR MONEY GOVERNMENT TAKES).
Some saved, most bought stuff creating jobs and Democrats broke their word and increased spending $1.7 dollars for every new dollar Reagan brought in with his tax relief.

The tax relief by the way doubled the money going into the treasury. Twice as much money wasn't enough for government.

Now if you think government needs more money, I think you should cut them a check (which you are allowed to do) to the US Treasury. They will gladly take your generous contribution. :-)
Were in my post did you see advocate sending more money to the government? The goverment has two problems. It spends too much damn money and it doesn't spend the money it has effectively. If you have a gripe about government spending tell somebody else about it.

Your post is just another example of a completely different perspective based on a lack of understanding and cultural insensitivity.

How does a person move when in some cases they don't have their own transportation and in some cases the cities that they live in don't provide public transportation to where many jobs are?

American has done a very good job over the past thirty years segregating people by income. In many cases this disproportionally means an element of racial segregation because historically Black Americans haven't had the same level of economic opportunity as White Americans.

Thanks for sharing!

Old 02-21-2011, 03:22 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Now I have to ask which particular programs in the 70s - when white flight and industrial decline peaked - did you want in the 80s? What did Nixon/Ford/Carter do differently from Reagan?
The 70s weren't good, it's simply that the 80s were worse. I would frame it differently than JTG, Reagan wasn't passive, his policies were actively destructive with regards to the black population.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:22 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Really? Give an example. Go on, I'll wait for it.

//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=27311198

take your pick....most any would do

Old 02-21-2011, 03:25 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,167 times
Quote:
//www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=27311198

take your pick....most any would do
good link dude

Old 02-21-2011, 03:25 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,527,922 times
Quote:
Too funny!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies