Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2011, 08:07 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I've defended my views in detail.

You don't agree.

No big deal.

We'll just continue to clash.
It is a big deal JTG when one accuses someone of something that they are in fact obviously guilty of themselves and then refuse to acknowledge it when they are caught red handed. It's even more offensive to me when people do this and then hide behind the curtain of political correctness to justify their actions. Obviously this is a forum so it doesn't really matter what goes on here but I have to suspect that most people have the same attitude out in the real world as they express here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 08:24 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
The OP must hang around militant black people. Most black folks I know really don't care enough about someone's political leanings to bash someone for being conservative. The OP needs to grow a thicker skin or change his environment.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:29 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I consider myself to be conservative. I am not apart of any party but I would call myself libertarian if I absolutely had to choose a party.

Nevertheless, if you reveal to other blacks that you're conservative, all hell breaks loose.

I don't go around talking politics, but I don't want to get bashed when I mention I am a conservative to other blacks.

Any advice on how to handle this?
Watch some video of Col. Alan West,now Congressmen Alan West FL.........Wish he would run in 2012.
This is the man black/Cons should look up to.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:36 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It is a big deal JTG when one accuses someone of something that they are in fact obviously guilty of themselves and then refuse to acknowledge it when they are caught red handed. It's even more offensive to me when people do this and then hide behind the curtain of political correctness to justify their actions. Obviously this is a forum so it doesn't really matter what goes on here but I have to suspect that most people have the same attitude out in the real world as they express here.
Can you tell me where I have expressed any hatred toward White Americans in this thread?

What I've said in this thread is that most White Americans don't take the time or effort to understand Black American culture and history and it's reflected in the perceptions they may have of Black Americans. The result of which is that you have two groups of people that can look at an issue and have completely different viewpoints. I've also said that most cases White Americans don't care to know anything about Black American culture and history and as long as that the case there is going to be a racial divide in this country.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Watch some video of Col. Alan West,now Congressmen Alan West FL.........Wish he would run in 2012.
This is the man black/Cons should look up to.
So now YOU tell blacks who they should look up to?

I swear, slavery ended 145 years ago, yet the "yassuh massuh" complex is still just as pervasive as ever.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I've see this response from dd before. What he really means is: "I've got nothing"

Crushing him in a debate and running him out of a thread has proven to be very easily done.
I spend a certain amount of time in any thread according to my own desires, not because of anything you say.

Besides, who are you anyway? Hell, i don't even recognize you, let alone remember any debates that i had with you on some other thread.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So now YOU tell blacks who they should look up to?

I swear, slavery ended 145 years ago, yet the "yassuh massuh" complex is still just as pervasive as ever.
In most cases they are so used to this level of arrogance they don't even see it in themselves.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
In most cases they are so used to this level of arrogance they don't even see it in themselves.
Yea, i know. Some of the responses are so arrogant that i wonder if they say this stuff to black folks in real life.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea, i know. Some of the responses are so arrogant that i wonder if they say this stuff to black folks in real life.
We both KNOW BETTER!

Old 02-22-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
We both KNOW BETTER!
LOL....you got that sh*t right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies