Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:47 AM

37,738 posts, read 40,789,075 times

Advertisements

You know, I always thought other agencies should be halved. I'm more convinced through multiple administrations that our real problem is the State Department. Like the lawyers in the Justice Department that serve at the pleasure of the President and can be let go, I believe the State Department needs the same tough love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 07:56 AM

44,987 posts, read 26,141,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I see nothing wrong with the president saying something like that. I'm really fed up with seeing our government kissing the butts of tyrants around the world. Economic sanctions would be fine too. Now, sending in our military is a different matter, so I'd hope he doesn't do something stupid like that...
Economic sanctions have a way of hurting the general populace more than the dictator.They can also have the unintended consequence of turning the same people against us.
We need to stay out and not saber rattle.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:04 PM

56,850 posts, read 25,787,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Once again Obama shows up late after testing the wind and calling in his advisors for coaching. Or, maybe he was too busy stirring the pot pushing the astroturf protests for his union buddies and donors.
If there was any pot smoking it was by the brain trust during the WMD invasion of Iraq, this is real life. I have to wonder what Bush would have done, hire some more contractors and invade Libya?

Thew difference is that Libya is a serious rela life confirmed event, not we think......

Old 03-04-2011, 07:24 PM

7,785 posts, read 7,989,875 times
Whats the problem? 223 deaths is nothing compared to our southern border with Mexico and we totaly ignore it.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:33 PM

1,081 posts, read 912,903 times
Empty threats by obama. About as terrifying as clinton's threats against Saddam. That's why Bush had to do the dirty work.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:46 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,924,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
We should stay out of it. No matter what we do in that dismal part of the world it's never enough, always wrong and just seems to backfire on us.

I say we either just do business with the so-called" winner (if there is such a thing over there) or if they don't want to, we tell them to leave us alone.
Exactly. Why does it just go unsaid that we have some right to intervene in the affairs of another Nation and violate their sovereignty without approval from the UN?

That's what the treaty we signed requires!

These are tribes! Tribal warfare! There are no "good guys" and "bad guys". They're one step up from the Bronze age.

US stop sticking your nose in the affairs of other countries.....get off your ego trip!

Old 03-04-2011, 08:51 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,572,575 times
Libya needs to fight for their own freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies