Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:46 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,902,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
True, true. I just can't believe the Left/dems are complaining after what was done in passing one of their signature pieces of legislation.

We did indeed see the people fight back, didn't we?

In the Nov 2010 election they fought back brutally, throwing the democrats out of power around the nation for their abuses of power.

WI was one of the lucky recipients of the people fighting back.

What the democrats are doing and what you seem to be advocating, is to nullify that election by fleeing their responsibility and duty.

Remember, elections have consequences.

Where was the complaint of heavy-handedness when the losing dem legislature tried to ram through their union contracts in the interim between the election and the new legislature taking their seats?
We will see what the voters think of those they voted into office in the near future, right now the GOP is shooting itself in the foot as fast and often as they can. I can assure you that the GOP in Wis did not run on a platform to bust the backs of the teacher, police and firemens unions, if they had they would have gained nothing. And we all KNOW that this has nothing to do with the budget, you righties have slipped up several times over the last couple of days and admitted as much when you laugh over the attempts to bust the unions. You guys are exposing yourselves daily and the American People will now know who you really are, they will voice their opinion again before ya know it and I don't think you are going to like what they have to say.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 03:24 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,583,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Yes. Some love to pontificate.
I think it makes them feel like they are smart and actually have something to add to the conversation.

They forget that short and to the point is usually better in these types of forums.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:40 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,189,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
True, true. I just can't believe the Left/dems are complaining after what was done in passing one of their signature pieces of legislation.

We did indeed see the people fight back, didn't we?

In the Nov 2010 election they fought back brutally, throwing the democrats out of power around the nation for their abuses of power.

WI was one of the lucky recipients of the people fighting back.

What the democrats are doing and what you seem to be advocating, is to nullify that election by fleeing their responsibility and duty.

Remember, elections have consequences.

Where was the complaint of heavy-handedness when the losing dem legislature tried to ram through their union contracts in the interim between the election and the new legislature taking their seats?
You're right--the R's have the votes to do this. Elections DO have consequences. Guess what--so do actions. The R's running in Wisconsin didn't do so on a union busting platform. If the R's who were recently elected overstep the bounds of what the voters in Wisconsin want, they'll get the backlash. My understanding is that if this goes through, they'll be petitioning for recall votes for every republican member of the House and Senate who supported this. I'm betting there are a few moderate republicans left in the state from more moderate districts who like their political careers enough to back down on this. That's what they're getting right now--time to think through the consequences before they act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies