Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:53 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace8 View Post
my views are pretty much conservative, but i cringe when i hear anti-medicare rhetoric coming out of the right because i feel grandparents in this nation are unsung heroes in the daycare equation. most grandparents babysit for peanuts or for free, saving their adult children a ton of money. anyway, that's my little nit pick. if you wanna vent some steam about your own party here go right ahead. but i'd be shocked to see left-wing participation in this thread.
I got a solution. Stop voting for party, vote for the people who represent the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 08:23 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,553,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
I got a solution. Stop voting for party, vote for the people who represent the people.
Good idea. However, how can you do that since there are two majore parties that pretty much are supported by most of the people.

Here is where I notice that people all over seem to complain about polticians and poltical parties and yet they keep voting for the same parties and political leaders.

It seems that people let us say their prefered leaders is found doing something wrong, they still vote for him. Another one is that people seem to have this thing that they may complaon all day long about dirty politics but it is not their own representative, take care.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:34 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I don't have a party, I'm registered independent and vote for the best candidate. Honestly, I don't think I'll be voting for a major party candidate anytime in the next 10 years unless something drastically changes.

And I do tend to be liberal, but I've voted for conservatives before.
Having removed myself from any political "Party" was quite honestly the most liberating and enlightening political move I have ever made. When you get to the point where you are not defending party's, you suddenly find how hypocritical and dubious they both are. Concepts like principles, ethics, and just plain decency are nearly wholly absent in the face of greed, self interest, and bitter petty partisanship.

Oddly enough, it remains so difficult to point out to people that the argument is more vertical, such as People v Government, than the horizontal Left v Right. End up doing back flips instead of running around in circles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies