Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 04:26 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
My issue with Thomas has nothing at all to do with his race or his politics.

He's simply not very smart, not enough to be a Justice.

I strongly disagree with much of what Scalia does - but I would never say he isn't qualified.
My guess is that you've got about as much evidence for that as a friend of mine that used to sit and tell me that President Skippy was a genius. Fact of the matter is...you honestly don't know...but something about the way he speaks or how he presents himself rubs you the wrong way. You probably also like the way Skippy talks and thinks he's a smart guy, don't you? Something about the way he talks gives you chills down your leg, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 05:26 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,995,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I think you are just trolling. What has he done or not done that the rest of the justices have/are doing?
He hasn't said a word in 5 years- for one. Has he authored any opinions for the Court?

Old 02-21-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Yes, here is a more pertinent question. Is the O qualified to sit in the Oval Office?
Was George W qualified to sit in the Oval Office?

Old 02-21-2011, 08:15 PM

852 posts, read 1,442,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
The Fast Fix: A judge of few words - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_newsroom/20110221/pl_yblog_newsroom/the-fast-fix-a-judge-of-few-words - broken link)

For someone who denounces Affirmative Action at every turn (espec in his autobiography), he doesn't do his cause much justice by remaining silent, appearing detached and seemingly copycatting Scalia's vote.
I'm not being racist BUT I think he was chosen as a token for his race.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post
I'm not being racist BUT I think he was chosen as a token for his race.
George Bush Sr was obligated to place a black on the Court to replace the great Justice Thurgood Marshall. What he actually did was insult the legacy of Justice Marshall by replacing him with a man of inferior intellect, abilities with ONLY a shared common ethnicity/race in common.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:48 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,431 times
Quote:
The Fast Fix: A judge of few words - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_newsroom/20110221/pl_yblog_newsroom/the-fast-fix-a-judge-of-few-words - broken link)

For someone who denounces Affirmative Action at every turn (espec in his autobiography), he doesn't do his cause much justice by remaining silent, appearing detached and seemingly copycatting Scalia's vote.
He asks questions in court like the other Justices, he just years ago decided not to write opinions because they draw every bitter leftists like that congress woman drew that want-to-be assassin who shot her in the head. That is the reason why.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:50 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Duh! Exactly how do you think "liberals" can kick someone off the USSC when they are appointed for life?

OR, are you talking about having a justice recuse himself on certain cases?

Forgive him he's so busy trying to make a point he's willing to insult his own intelligence. It's something he does on a regular basis.

Like most Conservatives he NEVER lets facts get in the way of ideology.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:51 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,431 times
Quote:
George Bush Sr was obligated to place a black on the Court to replace the great Justice Thurgood Marshall. What he actually did was insult the legacy of Justice Marshall by replacing him with a man of inferior intellect, abilities with ONLY a shared common ethnicity/race in common.
You are mistaking Obama for Thomas IMO, at least regarding inferior intellect and abilities.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Was George W qualified to sit in the Oval Office?
In terms of age, and nationality requirements yes.

But in terms of intelligence no. But at the time a substantial number of Americans wanted a man in the White House they felt "Comfortable having a beer with".

Old 02-21-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
You are mistaking Obama for Thomas IMO, at least regarding inferior intellect and abilities.
Another Conservative fail.

But what else is new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies