Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 10:55 PM

898 posts, read 827,585 times

Advertisements

You leftists are a disgrace to not only yourselves but Americans everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 11:00 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
No;you do get nomiated unless your qaulified really. But the lest experined is the last appointment who had little experience in a actual court room.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:05 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Another Conservative fail.

But what else is new.
How so? Obama lost Egypt and the rest of the Middle East is being lost under his watch it seems.

The guy is a dummy. Needs a teleprompter to talk which even Bush didn't need.

Obama is a failed President. After he enacted his BS look what did the 2010 elections bring upon him in historic levels?

Old 02-21-2011, 11:08 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
He asks questions in court like the other Justices, he just years ago decided not to write opinions because they draw every bitter leftists like that congress woman drew that want-to-be assassin who shot her in the head. That is the reason why.
What are you talking about? You are completely wrong in this post!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/us/13thomas.html

Thomas hasn't asked a question in court in five years.

Thomas also writes opinions all the time.

2009 term opinions of the Supreme Court of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the 2009-10 term alone, Thomas wrote 26 opinions, many of them with nobody else joining him.

Among them: Doe v. Reed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thomas was the only justice who thought that disclosing signatures on a referendum violates the First Amendment.

Safford Unified School District #1 v. Redding

Thomas wrote a sole dissent saying that the strip search of a middle school student for aspirin was not a constitutional violation.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:03 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,334,233 times
"Is Justice Thomas underqualified to sit on the Supreme Court?"

Possibly. But it is an ancient debate. It does not matter one way or the other since we don't vote for Supreme Court judges.

I sure know somebody that is way underqualified to be President of the United States and he got elected in 2008 though.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:34 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,380,171 times
Default Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
The Fast Fix: A judge of few words - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_newsroom/20110221/pl_yblog_newsroom/the-fast-fix-a-judge-of-few-words - broken link)

For someone who denounces Affirmative Action at every turn (espec in his autobiography), he doesn't do his cause much justice by remaining silent, appearing detached and seemingly copycatting Scalia's vote.
The man sits silently during each argument, self-conscious about being ridiculed when he was younger because of his manner of speech. His contribution to the SC decisions is either meaningless or supports that of Conservative Scalia. His presence is a WASTE on the Court.

Conservatives want him there because he agrees with Scalia. They like putting a black man there because it gives the impression that they are progressive, without the slightest ability to recognize whether he is the most qualified for the job. Just a placeholder for appearances.

Liberals don't want him there because he's incompetent and regressive in his ideology. The fact that he's black is irrelevant. Liberals generally want bigots to stand aside so that qualified blacks can take their place, assuming positions that they obviously are supremely qualified for. Thomas obviously did and does not qualify.

Time for Thomas to GO!

Old 02-22-2011, 06:46 AM

26 posts, read 20,854 times
I write and post limericks on my website. After reading some of the posts on this thread, I figured I might as well share this one:

They can serve on the Court 'till they die.
But Clarence Thomas on the bench makes me cry.
It's so damn wrong.
He does not belong.
When his ineptitude none can deny.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:28 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
My guess is that you've got about as much evidence for that as a friend of mine that used to sit and tell me that President Skippy was a genius. Fact of the matter is...you honestly don't know...but something about the way he speaks or how he presents himself rubs you the wrong way. You probably also like the way Skippy talks and thinks he's a smart guy, don't you? Something about the way he talks gives you chills down your leg, huh?
I have plenty of evidence. I have read his stuff.

Have you?

I do honestly know. It's really not that hard.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:01 PM

26 posts, read 20,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
you leftists are a disgrace to not only yourselves but americans everywhere.

why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies