Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:06 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Others have made it abundantly clear that you commented on the baseball post and tied it into your position here.
The key word there is "commented." Again, I have made it abundantly clear to you, so your continuing with this argument says more about your tactics than mine.

Moving on.

Quote:
Left wing loonies tend to watch Rachel Maddow. They also used to watch Keith Olberman. Why did you choose to mention Beck? That's rhetorical BTW.
Yes, they do. I don't. And Beck is, as I said, just a convenient and popular example of a reactionary ideologue that panders to zealots. I could just as well have said Noam Chomsky.

Quote:
Everything was vey clear the moment I read your first post in this thread.
Evidently not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
You're actually calling someone out for being partisan? Thanks for that post. I enjoy comedy.
Yes, I am.

It's just a casual observation, but in this country, there seems to be a lot more zealotry on the Right than the Left these days.

The pendulum swings to and fro.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:35 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
The key word there is "commented." Again, I have made it abundantly clear to you, so your continuing with this argument says more about your tactics than mine.

Moving on.

Yes, they do. I don't. And Beck is, as I said, just a convenient and popular example of a reactionary ideologue that panders to zealots. I could just as well have said Noam Chomsky.

Evidently not.

commented, supported, and coupled with your opinion

Old 02-22-2011, 11:39 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Yes, I am.

It's just a casual observation, but in this country, there seems to be a lot more zealotry on the Right than the Left these days.

The pendulum swings to and fro.

Well, when you wake up in the morning and don your birkenstocks and rose colored glasses you see what you want to see.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Well, when you wake up in the morning and don your birkenstocks and rose colored glasses you see what you want to see.
You have a very bad habit of assuming facts not in evidence.

I've never worn birkenstocks in my life.

Moreover, I have several Republican friends that wear them constantly.

I'm sorry if we don't fit into your pigeoholes. Well not really.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:50 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
They were charged, they pleaded guilty, and they are in jail pending sentencing.

Which is all well and good but they've already made their point: Play by our rules and we won't slice you up. Go against our rules and someone else will stand by ready to exact revenge.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:22 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,069,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Which is all well and good but they've already made their point: Play by our rules and we won't slice you up. Go against our rules and someone else will stand by ready to exact revenge.
And we've made our point.

Play by our rules and get the benefits of our wonderful open society.

Go against our rules, and we will punish and imprison you.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:10 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,198 times
The reason why this is happening in Europe and not here, is because Europe has been more accomidating and for longer. It will happen here, don't worry. I hate to say it, but they are getting what they deserve. Not that the teacher deserved that , but Europe has allowed Islam to take control and caves to their ways, instead of having them change at all. These people think that this way of life is normal and so they keep at it even if they move. Europe allows it and soon we will too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies