Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 06:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Please provide a link or Walker's campaign website or something then. I live 5 minutes from the WI border and I get all of the WI news. I NEVER heard Walker promise to end collective bargaining.

Put up or drop it!
Hey..try google.

If you live so close then just drive on over there rather than sit here and bad mouth people on the internet.
Obviously you have a lot at stake with the WI vote based on your posts over the past few days.

Go join them..go..hurry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 06:22 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I was impressed with Paul Ryan comparing Walker to Mubarak. "Like Cairo moved to Madison", I believe he said. That was kind of neat.
Yeah, that was neat-o, skippy. Can we go get some ice cream at the corner malt shop?

Old 02-21-2011, 06:32 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I am a bit of a political geek so I actually did pay attention to a bunch of races across the country. I looked at Wisconsin quite a bit since I am a big fan of Feingold, so I followed that race very closely (and as such followed the Governor's race as well). Please go ahead and find a link from before Election Day showing that Walker was going to strip Collective Bargaining Rights.
See post #40.

I recall hearing about his campaign ideas and he did talk about taking on the unions. I'm not going to spend all night digging up old articles, but here is a snippet of one:

Quote:
As proof that unions knew they would be targeted, Walker points to a flier circulated during last fall's campaign by the union AFT-Wisconsin that warned that Walker wanted to curb the unions' power to negotiate.
In December, weeks after the election, he even suggested the possibility of abolishing unions altogether.
Anyone who didn't see it coming must have been in a coma, Walker said.
And regarding you and the other guy's constant lie about stripping collective bargaining rights, let me quote this:
Quote:
Unions still could represent workers, but they could not force employees to pay dues and would have to hold annual votes to stay organized. Only wages below the Consumer Price Index would be subject to collective bargaining, anything higher would have to be approved by referendum.
Oooooh, yeah, that is really stripping all collective bargaining rights. Do you have a problem with letting the voters decide if a raise above and beyond the CPI is appropriate? What's wrong with allowing the taxpayers decide. They are, after all, the ones who pay the teachers' salaries.

http://www.1310news.com/news/world/article/186595--wisconsin-governor-seizes-chance-to-take-on-unions-as-part-of-budget-balancing-plan (broken link)

Old 02-21-2011, 06:33 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Maybe because he ISN'T putting an end to collective bargaining. Stop with the outright lies!
Ahh yes, its just removing of the vast majority of the Collective Bargaining Rights. Lets not fool each other, this isn't about the other concessions, this is about the Collective Bargaining Rights issue, which is something Walker did not campaign on.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:35 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
One positive from Walker, a big resurgence of Union support.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:37 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
There is nothing on his web site about that plan, and you may want review the poll above. #16 But I doubt you will.
Who cares if it's on his website? He ran on that campaign promise. Just for your information, there is a budget crisis going on in this country, but I doubt you care about that. Just spend spend spend, that's what the libs and neocons do.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:38 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,505 times
Quote:
Should have stated regretting the endorsement. The State Troopers Union actually benefits from Walker's proposals, but they are pulling it because they are standing with the other Unions Walker is trying to throw under the bus.
It's called BALANCING THE BUDGET. Deal with it.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:39 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Hey..try google.

If you live so close then just drive on over there rather than sit here and bad mouth people on the internet.
Obviously you have a lot at stake with the WI vote based on your posts over the past few days.

Go join them..go..hurry.

I did. Nothing, zip, zilch, Nada, zero, came up on google.

If asking you to back up your erroneous claims with data is "bad mouthing", I must have hit a nerve with you.

When I drive "over there" what am I supposed to do?

We all have a lot in stake about what happens in this WI vote!

Old 02-21-2011, 06:40 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
It's called BALANCING THE BUDGET. Deal with it.
His steps before this made the budget deficit even worse......

Old 02-21-2011, 06:41 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
His steps before this made the budget deficit even worse......
He spent more money than the Dems before him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies