Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:27 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,016,926 times

Advertisements

I've read they actually used combat aircraft to 'mow down' the protestors.

Even if he escapes today the Gadhafi clan should be hunted down and brought to justice. Wherever they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 04:18 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
One has to only look at this countires stuggle to see it does come in a instances.Read histroy and you wil see that we rerally never got dmeocracy for decades, Women did not get the vote;those who did not won land could vote i many sates and of course their was slavery untilt ehcivil war. Even those who we fouight for freedom attacked agin both directly ans at time indirccxtly. We still defend our belief even withi the nation. hey may get a different governamnet but who know if they will get what they want;which is in many cases ecomic i this recession. They alos are likely being in the middle east to be challenged as much as Israel is by the radical muslims.Terrorist will defintie challenge them;IMO.
We have been slow to realize the meaning of our own liberty as a nation and as individuals. Like the path of any Christian or Jew, it takes time to build the intellectual muscles of good habits. Like Cosby said, every generation has to learn all over again. Every generation before us might have edited out a wrongful thing but each have edited out a rightful thing unwittingly. Aim high, tell the truth, we hit the mark. Lie for the sake of winning at any price, we all lose.

So too my sincerest wish to Libya that it aims high and tells the truth. To embrace the commitment of fairness in their brand of civilization. Whatever it births out to be.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:59 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post

Even if he escapes today the Gadhafi clan should be hunted down and brought to justice. Wherever they are.
Qaddafi has a force of foreign mercinaries attacking the Libyans.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:17 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
I think that Colonel Gaddafi has lost the respect of his people because of his inability to become a General even after all these years. Time for a more qualified despot to take charge over there.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:17 PM

657 posts, read 697,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post

Yup just like the Bush clan

Old 02-22-2011, 10:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Sorry it took these people so very long, for them to see the truth, the dragon has awoken. I am glad that these people are standing up to the evil idiot , and he has lost support from those he thought would be there for him. Nothing friend is ever written in stone, and when you think it is, something happens to change that. These people do not even know what being free is, they just know and realize, that there is something out there so much better then the life they have known. We do take our freedoms for granted, mostly those who say we have lost it, word for you, go to the Middle Eastern Coutnries, and tell the government there, or write as we do here on this forum, that we have no freedoms, put that government down, and see what happens to you!

Old 02-22-2011, 10:11 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
california-jewel we're not in the clear of that danger if news is surpressed under threat by monsanto or the cattle ranchers association upset that anyone would dare question the use of growth hormones or excessive use of antibiotics. Sorry, can't sit on our duff about that or it devolves. Once upon a time Afghanistan pioneered science and math. Look at them now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies