Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are teachers overpaid
Yes 42 31.82%
No 90 68.18%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 01:36 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,433,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
most teachers don't forget are products of this flaky culture. all they can farm out is a percentage of guaranteed flakes.....so what happens is the teachers do not recognize the useless product because many are now

sooooo

a product of the flaky culture

education needs to be thoroughly knocked down and built back up from a sturdy foundation.

first thing thats needed is to get the comp out of assignments and classroom to 16....most principals become principals because they cannot stand teaching and want to be big shots. The best teacher in a school typically doesnt want to be a principal and enjoys the teaching.

without a doubt the product is at least 50% airhead, we know this.

teachers should have at least 10 years in the working world before going into education...why..? because teacher then you can truly say..I know what I'm talking about, otherwise they do not

if you work out the hours for these bums and all the prof days where all they do is pretend they are road scholars and executives and map out an hourly wage it is un-believable. Education in my opinion is the biggest cover up going....they will NEVER fill out a budget without either asking for more or intentionally spending every cent possible in order to not have the budget drop.....a person could go on all day blasting Ed..They will avoid off time hours as much as possible unless its socially connected with the students for fun and enjoyment....marking, ever heard of pass your paper to the left..? Teachers are pro's at creating as much free time for themselves as possible, don't kid yourself
Apparently you had one of those flakey teachers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 01:43 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,130,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Apparently you had one of those flakey teachers.

another railroad...you must be in education...Principal..? Superintendent ?

Old 11-28-2012, 01:53 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,751 times
Oh how cute.

A Republican whining that ordinary people are overpaid. So handing an awful CEO millions is just fine but the world's going to come to an end if we pay teachers decently. Beause making widgets is the world's most important task so we have to attract qualified people but educating our children isn't really important so don't worry about paying the people who do it anything.

And then you wonder why you lose elections . . .

Old 11-28-2012, 01:59 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Average Teacher salary in Massachusetts is approximately 70K...they get the entire summer off!!! plus holidays and paid personal time off....

Are Teachers Overpaid? | Debate Club | US News Opinion
If you were a teacher and the salary they were offering you was $70K i'm sure you'd say thats way too much,i'll be happy with half that amount,and those 4 month summer holidays are very unproductive could i volunteer to do all the lawn and yard maintenance around the school as for holidays and paid personal time? you are being too kind i'll decline those perks. Yeah sure.
Arent you righties on about a free market system? if a teacher can pull in $70K good for the teacher go for $100K

Old 11-28-2012, 02:02 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,199,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Oh how cute.

A Republican whining that ordinary people are overpaid. So handing an awful CEO millions is just fine but the world's going to come to an end if we pay teachers decently. Beause making widgets is the world's most important task so we have to attract qualified people but educating our children isn't really important so don't worry about paying the people who do it anything.

And then you wonder why you lose elections . . .
Try to stay on topic. What does CEO pay have to do with teacher pay? You don't pay one profession more because another is paid more. You pay someone for the output of the work they do combined with the risk undertaken in doing so. You don't pay a teacher more because a CEO makes a lot of money. Talk about a stupid argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Ha no they aren't . All of my relatives are teachers and they are no where near 70k. They'd be lucky to break 50k . Places like New York have higher cost of living so it all evens out
Making in the mid-$50,000 range and working a second job for three months every summer would put you into the $70,000 range. I am assuming teachers would work over the summer, and not just hang out for three months.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:08 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,902,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
hmmm a few teachers here I see, all wrong answers...you fail.

( even a deadbeat teacher will railroad and fail basic living skills)
Failure can be such a difficult concept to quantify.
For instance, I'm sure there are certain people out there who would consider those adults who can't figure out how to use a Shift key, construct well-reasoned and decently supported arguments, and spell at greater than a third-grade level to be "failures".
But, then again, we can't all be winners, can we?

Old 11-28-2012, 02:13 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
Failure can be such a difficult concept to quantify.
For instance, I'm sure there are certain people out there who would consider those adults who can't figure out how to use a Shift key, construct well-reasoned and decently supported arguments, and spell at greater than a third-grade level to be "failures".
But, then again, we can't all be winners, can we?
I don't know ~ it just kind of a sense I'm getting, but I don't think that Stargazzer likes teachers.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:15 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,902,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know ~ it just kind of a sense I'm getting, but I don't think that Stargazzer likes teachers.
Well, judging by his/her posts, I can certainly see why: They failed him/her a great deal.

Old 11-28-2012, 02:15 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,390 times
Given how messed up the family is in America and how messed up kids are as a result and the fact that teachers put up with a ton of crap these days they didn't have to in past generations..... I would say they are underpaid

Old 11-28-2012, 02:19 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,558,366 times
I'm sorry but the education I got could never be repaid! The greatest thing about America is our free public education system. God bless our teachers who are over worked and underpaid! I do appreciatte you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies