Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2011, 08:56 PM

19,023 posts, read 14,201,797 times

Advertisements

Regarding the recent protest in Wisconsin, and the brazen fraud committed, by physicians, the WMS has issued an official release:

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wkow/...t_02212011.pdf
"Physicians Actions as reported unacceptable..."
There is an official contact email address in the release for more information.

When a duly licensed physician perpetrates a fraud - with the best of intentions - it is still fraud. The intent of the recipients was self evident - to escape the consequences of protesting - or worse, fraudulently receive payment in violation of their contract and the law.

If the authorities FAIL to investigate, indict, prosecute these physicians, there is no rule of law. If these physicians keep their licenses, despite their breach of the public trust, then let's stop licensing the practice of medicine altogether, for granting the privilege to such miscreants is a disservice to the public and to those who are honorable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 09:27 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Many of the doctors are employed by the University of Wisconsin-Madison and they, too, are accountable to the taxpayers. UW is not happy about the actions of their employees one bit and are moving to distance themselves from the actions of these rogue doctors.

Quote:
“These charges are very serious,” a statement by UW Health said. “These UW Health physicians were acting on their own and without the knowledge or approval of UW Health.” ... UW Health said its investigation “will identify which UW Health physicians were involved and whether their behavior constituted violations of medical ethics or University of Wisconsin and UW Health policies and work rules.”
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...cc4c03286.html

Old 02-21-2011, 09:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
What I find amazing is the ho-hum reaction from the Left, that they viewed such behavior by medical professionals as being ok.

I guess there really is no level they will stoop to in excusing possible criminal behavior.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:31 PM

19,023 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What I find amazing is the ho-hum reaction from the Left, that they viewed such behavior by medical professionals as being ok.

I guess there really is no level they will stoop to in excusing possible criminal behavior.
They are morally ambivalent, since "the end justifies the means".

So if it takes theft, fraud, or extortion, that's fine with them.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:40 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
They are morally ambivalent, since "the end justifies the means".

So if it takes theft, fraud, or extortion, that's fine with them.
You beat me to it, I was just about to say the same thing. There will be no outrage from the left on this issue.

UW is in a precarious position though. They are known as a notoriously left leaning institution (more than your average university if that's even possible), so I'm sure on principle they agree with the doctors' actions. However, with the backlash from The Wisconsin Medical Examining Board and the likely issuance of license infractions from the state Department of Regulation and Licensing, they will not be allowed to publicly support the actions of their employees. Not to mention, these doctors are now complicit in actions of fraud against the taxpayers for teachers demanding pay for days they were not actually sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies