Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2011, 04:16 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If you are going to make claims to fact, you should be prepared to present evidence of those claims. Would you concede that there is no more evidence of a first cell emerging from a pool of proteins and amino acids than it being created?
That would depend on what you regard as evidence. After years of doing this, I know to ask.

At the very least it is logically implied. A fossil of this event is impossible, we will only be able to determine whether this happened by experimentation and better knowledge of the environment of early Earth. And we have been doing that since the Miller-Urey experiment.

You really do need to get updated. Lots of exciting things have been going on in this field since then.

So there is circumstantial evidence and I am confident that more will be discovered, as more has over time.

The Creationists, however, have nothing. Not evidence, not a falsifiable hypothesis, nothing.

Not even logic - just as your whole argument here is a logical fallacy. Argumentam ad ignorantum.

Quote:
If you have no evidence, yet insist on ruling out the possibility of a creator, admit you have a religious interest (Atheism) in no creator existing.
Because these are our choices?

I think not.

Who "ruled out" the existence of a Creator? Evolution doesn't say anything about it one way or the other.

And oh, by the way and I suppose you forgot to ask, but I am not an atheist.

You see, out here in the real world, it is possible and even quite common to neither be a Creationist nor an atheist. Unless you are a Creationist of course.

Quote:
Attacking me personally or my motives for asking questions is not evidence. It's an escape out the back door.
You are, at the very least, being intellectually dishonest and perhaps just trolling.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You missed the point. Yes, it's binary. When considering the origins of man, you either believe in God or you don't.
See, this is a perfect example.

It's often not that the case that they just don't have the facts or information, there is a fundamental flaw in the way they think.

I have news for you Roadking: we have more than two choices here.

Use your imagination.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Actually it IS binary. If you don't believe in God, there is nothing else to believe in but the theory of evolution.
OK, I smell a troll.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:29 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
OK, I smell a troll.
I don't see it as being a troll in fact I think they are quite right. If one doesn't believe in god, evolution is the next best answer. Of course as you mention previously, even if you do believe in god, evolution still remains the best answer.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:41 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Once a controversial subject...........once a Theory of Darwin...........who actually proved it and how?
IMHO we are continuing to evolve. So i think there is some merit to the theory. Several things I do not see an answer for is the origin of life. While we continue to evolve we can not prove the origin of life.
So as far as believing evolution is the origin of all life you must have a great deal of faith because evolution does not have any evidence of the origin of all life. So one must have faith in the big bang theory. Somehow out of nothing their was a big bang, but there was nothing to cause the big bang . If there was nothing how did a big bang happen?
But somehow a big bang happened and the universe blew up giving us matter. Somehow in the big bang matter turned to planets. On one of these planets there was vocalic activity. Somehow in a lava pool none living elements got to together and formed some kind of life. Somehow this life evolved by mutation into plant life , and all animal life.
So one must have faith that the small life which was formed after an big bang when there was nothing was the father of all living material.
And they say god as a creator is nothing but a story.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:45 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Somehow out of nothing their was a big bang, but there was nothing to cause the big bang . If there was nothing how did a big bang happen?
Okay... for the millionth time...

The Big Bang did not "come out of nothing."

That is the one thing upon which creationists and scientists generally agree.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Okay... for the millionth time...

The Big Bang did not "come out of nothing."

That is the one thing upon which creationists and scientists generally agree.
so the big bang came out of something. how did the something get there. Surely if there was something there that caused the big bang we have a theory on how it got there

Old 02-22-2011, 04:50 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
so the big bang came out of something. how did the something get there.
It didn't "get there." It was always there.

All the evidence is that the universe is eternal and uncreated.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:51 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,528,373 times
[quote=bluescityleon;17977114]in the world of solid evidence, we are still putting the evidence in place?[/qu

Of course we are. Read Kuhn's "structure of scientific revolutions" for an explaination. Then read the counter arguements and you will get an idea.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It didn't "get there." It was always there.

All the evidence is that the universe is eternal and uncreated.
so you are saying all the elements were always there for the big bang. Is that not the same argument for god as the creator, god was always there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies