Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 05:01 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I think everyone should stand up for what they believe in. And that's exactly what the teachers are doing. They've agreed to everything but giving up collective bargaining. They want their voice heard which isn't a bad thing. Don't you want your voice heard too. And I think it's a great lesson for the kids.
You don't need collective bargaining to make your voice heard.

You need collective bargaining to steal more money from taxpayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 05:21 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
So many ex-teachers are unemployed in New York, California, Michigan..You should fire them Wisc teachers to hire these unemployed teachers (and without unions)

sounds good to me.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I have been watching the media reports and specially the images where teachers are signing papers/doctors forms stating they have something that makes them not able to teach.

On top of that if you see the signs and language on the signs...how on earth can that be an example for our students?

I know for sure if it would be the other way around the students would be at suspended for using this language!

We should all ask the people in charge to do what Ronald Reagan did back in the days and every one who doesn't show up in class to teach...fire them!

that will solve the unemployment rate faster...
Why can't you take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for your OWN children's education instead of shoving it all on the backs of people you hate and have no respect for????

Old 02-27-2011, 05:35 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why can't you take PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for your OWN children's education instead of shoving it all on the backs of people you hate and have no respect for????

if I could get out of paying the state school tax completely, then I would homeschool.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:44 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
if I could get out of paying the state school tax completely, then I would homeschool.
So, even though you believe your children are getting a substandard education and you could do a better job by homeschooling, you continue to send them to public schools because you can't get out of paying the state school tax? Money keeps you from acting in your children's best interests??

Old 02-27-2011, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Well, "if" dosen't cut it. Not everyone can afford to quit their job and home school.

I pay property taxes and have done for forty years...I have no children but am smart enough to know education is a need for any country. I know taxes are the price you pay for living and expecting things in return.

How do you think teachers feel, paying, through taxes, part of their own wages?

Old 02-27-2011, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
You don't need collective bargaining to make your voice heard.

You need collective bargaining to steal more money from taxpayers.
The banksters and Wall Streeters didn't....and NO Republican minded....so I guess you are right....if you're not in a union Republicans think it's OK to steal from taxpayers and destroy the economy.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:54 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire View Post
I'm pretty sure those were not the ones you were talking about, you made a blanket statement about all of the teachers.
I wonder how many people on here have called in sick to work when they weren't actually sick? I'm going to bet a majority.
And when they do, the risk getting fired for it. I know people that have been fired for calling in sick when they really weren't.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:56 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The banksters and Wall Streeters didn't....and NO Republican minded....so I guess you are right....if you're not in a union Republicans think it's OK to steal from taxpayers and destroy the economy.
Yawn.

I'm talking about state employees in Wisconsin. Overturning collective bargaining laws is not stealing. And everyone knows it.

Stop with all the Wall Street crap. It has nothing to do with what is happening in Wisconsin. Nothing.

Just so you know, Obama has more Wall Street execs working at his White House than any president in history.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:57 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Sure, just fire them. Then try to replace them. See how many teachers are going to line up to work in WI. Oh, wait, you probably think that ANYONE can be a teacher. How hard can it be?? Sit those kids down and...just TEACH them. Good luck with that... Let me know how it works for you...
Well, with the dismal state of education these days, I'm thinking a monkey could teach our kids and do a better job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies