Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 10:00 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Colleges are hotbeds for liberalism so this is not a revelation. It does not translate to higher intelligence or the qualifications of Gov. Walker.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and as far as I can see, Walker is doing a fine job, regardless of education etc. Leadership is about motivation and character, both of which he has in plethoric abundance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 11:02 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You must not do much business in the real world. There are hundreds of thousands of very successful people who've started businesses and lack much education. Those people had the common sense to get along with people, make the right decisions and become "very successful".

You need to get out of your house more and meet people in the real world. Then you would know that true common sense is not a fantasy but really does exist.

Those people know what it costs to provide benefits & pay checks in a competitive real world.
Judge not, lest ye should be judged! I am a Registered Nurse; I've been in the work force most of the 40 years since my graduation.

I do not know anyone who has become "very successful" who did not graduate from high school, which is what I was responding to. Not graduating from high school, in this day and age, is a mark of a very unmotivated person. I know that my father (b. 1914) worked with an "engineer" who didn't graduate from HS, but that was 50 years ago now. That's just not how it is these days.

I don't know anyone who has their own business who didn't at least graduate from high school; most of the independent businesspeople I know have college degrees.

I work a phone advice/triage desk at my job; I have heard some of the craziest stuff referred to as "common sense". I was also a public health nurse for years and heard the same kind of stuff. I decided years ago there was really no such thing as common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies