Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 03:12 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,875,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTurner View Post
Brilliant...simply brilliant!!

Not only can't you quantify that, but the probability of that actually points to it being completely untrue.

Chances are that McCain wouldn't have thrown trillions down the toilet and run up spending astronomically.
Sure I can, McCAin was behind the bailouts and has publically stated that President Obama did the right thing, and of course the right threw him under the bus for it. Palin, oh please she couldn't think her way out of a paper bag, sure she would have been entertaining in a morbid sort of way, but she is no great thinker.
Maybe the GOP can run someone better this time around but at this pont the GOP is not making many friends amoung the Independents so that does not look real good, I looking forward to 2016, fresh met as they say, until then I see Obama staying in office.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 03:19 PM

46,842 posts, read 25,785,504 times
I'll just plunk this here - job growth/loss since the onset of the recession:

Is it great? No. Is it a hell of an improvement? Yes.

And before you start wailing about huge government, those are private sector jobs only.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 02-22-2011 at 03:42 PM..

Old 02-22-2011, 03:36 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,463,696 times
My life is worse off, since he took office. I blame him because he is the current pres and has been for a while now. All of his big talk hasn't done anything for me. Not only is my life worse off, but America is worse off.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:46 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,507,739 times
I haven't crunched the numbers to determine if I'm actually better off since President Obama took office. But I can say quite confidently that I feel better with him in the White House than I did with George Bush.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:11 PM

660 posts, read 1,645,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sure I can, McCAin was behind the bailouts and has publically stated that President Obama did the right thing, and of course the right threw him under the bus for it. Palin, oh please she couldn't think her way out of a paper bag, sure she would have been entertaining in a morbid sort of way, but she is no great thinker.
Maybe the GOP can run someone better this time around but at this pont the GOP is not making many friends amoung the Independents so that does not look real good, I looking forward to 2016, fresh met as they say, until then I see Obama staying in office.
Casper
McCain would have (and actually did) vote in favor of the ORIGINAL bailout while Bush was in office.

He also wouldn't have sent spending through the ceiling.

But don't worry, I won't tell anyone that you actually only brought McCain into the discussion because you had nothing else you could say to defend these horrible figures.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well....in all honesty he told the people what they wanted to hear.....thats what politicians do. Politicians are trying to get power and remain in power and thus you tell the people what they want to hear. Its all BS. Politics will make the best of people BS'ers because its the business of BS.

No...he made SPECIFIC promises such as unemployment not going over 8%.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Is it great? No. Is it a hell of an improvement? Yes.

Wow...you really got to scrape the bottom and clutch at straws for that one!

8% was the maximum he promise unemployment would go if we didn't crucify him for spending trillions of dollars.

He lied and we are now going to nail him to that cross for the trillions in debt he put our country in.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:21 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,204,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Neither

I

nor

The United States

nor

The World

nor

The Cause of Human Freedom, Liberty and Self-Determination

are better off today than when Obama first soiled the oval office.

All are worse off, some far worse of, since that sad day in history.

A large part of it is due to Obama the Soiler, with much of the remainder resting at the feet of Pelosi, Reid and their followers (with apologies to "soil", "dirt" and other forms of "filth").

Old 02-22-2011, 04:24 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,194,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Numbers really do not lie

Old 02-22-2011, 04:27 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,031,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTurner View Post
No...he made SPECIFIC promises such as unemployment not going over 8%.
Ooooooohhh... he promised!!!!!

Mom!!! You promised we could get an ice cream if I ate my peas!!!!

Did he say "I promise unemployment will not rise above 8%?"

PolitiFact | Will: Obama said stimulus would cap unemployment at 8 percent

Like I said. Numbers may not lie. But the people using them sure do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies