Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 10:57 PM

38,625 posts, read 26,307,471 times

Advertisements

No love for BO in the latest Rasmussen poll of likely voters as the number of voters who strongly approve of his job performance has declined to its lowest level yet.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

Obama Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 11:06 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,521,086 times
I can see 2012 from my house. . .

Old 02-22-2011, 11:13 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,755,915 times
Oh I thought this thread was about Rasmussen polls. I have a low approval rating of their questions. Maybe someday they'll call me and ask my opinion about them?

Old 02-22-2011, 11:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Oh I thought this thread was about Rasmussen polls. I have a low approval rating of their questions. Maybe someday they'll call me and ask my opinion about them?
I have taken part in one telephone poll. Guess who it was.

So many people don't know anything about the Rasmussen poll that is quoted here. They determine how many people strongly support him and how many strongly oppose him and subtract the numbers. Today he got 21% strong support and the -20 was the same number as yesterday so he gained some strong opposition numbers.

Have you ever really read many of their questions? I have to wonder from your reply.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,209,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No love for BO in the latest Rasmussen poll of likely voters as the number of voters who strongly approve of his job performance has declined to its lowest level yet.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Obama Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reports™
Most people won't look at Rasmussen reports since so many of them have been told by the left leaning blogs that they are not accurate. They have been more accurate in the last two presidential elections and most left leaners don't even know it. Oh yes, Rasmussen had Obama winning by a goodly margin and they didn't even know it.

Maybe he can set a new record on the poll tomorrow. I check it daily and can't wait for him to go to -22 to break his record.

Most of them can't understand the -20 of today and yesterday because they won't try to understand where those numbers come from.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:40 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,260,215 times
Obama's ratings are on par with the ratings of Bush and Clinton at the same time in their presidency.

Nothing to see here. move on.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:41 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,755,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you ever really read many of their questions? I have to wonder from your reply.
Yes I really have, and that would be the reason I replied as I did. Straightforward. No leading questions. No leading answers.

So... when will Rasmussen ask me my opinion about you?

Old 02-22-2011, 11:46 PM

1,295 posts, read 2,504,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

Obama Approval Index History - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢
Everyone in the political community knows that Rasmussen polling organization is the most conservative of the lot. A more accurate indicator would be an average taken from several polling outfits. Talkingpointsmemo lists these averages from time to time, and they include Rasmussen in their data. The last figures I saw put the president's approval rating about 3-4 points ahead of his disapproval rating. What Rasmussen doesn't reveal in the article is the fact that there are people who disapprove of Obama because he is percieved as not being liberal enough. The fact that Scott Rasmussen wrote a book singing the praises of the Tea Party would make me question his objectivity regarding polling.

Last edited by smithy77; 02-22-2011 at 11:54 PM..

Old 02-22-2011, 11:57 PM

22,154 posts, read 19,397,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have taken part in one telephone poll. Guess who it was.

So many people don't know anything about the Rasmussen poll that is quoted here. They determine how many people strongly support him and how many strongly oppose him and subtract the numbers. Today he got 21% strong support and the -20 was the same number as yesterday so he gained some strong opposition numbers.

Strongly oppose is typically higher than strongly approve, even if overall approval is into the 50's. That is basically why Rasmussen decided to use the strongly approve- strongly disapprove for Obama, but used the Approve- disapprove for Bush

Old 02-23-2011, 12:04 AM

38,625 posts, read 26,307,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Obama's ratings are on par with the ratings of Bush and Clinton at the same time in their presidency.

Nothing to see here. move on.

Bush II was over 60% and Bush I was over 70%. Clinton was about where BO is now, but WC played ball with the new Republican Congress. I would think Carter would be the more appropriate example of BO's presidency. With the Senate still in Democrat's control, BO won't be forced to compromise and won't unless he really wants to, and he may not even get the chance. That budget he proposed makes me think he's going to play games and try to score cheap political points. That is after all what he does. Next year he will have to answer for what he has done, and with Romney beating him in the polls already, he may not get away with catchy slogans and empty promises the second time around.

Presidential Approval Ratings History - Interactive Comparison Graph - WSJ.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies