Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 07:59 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times

Advertisements

Al Gore Sides With China Instead of U.S. on Global Warming

Huge Dust Plumes From China Cause Changes in Climate

If this isn't proof of what a joke Gore is I don't know what is. Gore has sucked in all sorts of those from the left to help him fill his pockets and rage against America. Like sheep they follow him without confronting him on his double standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 09:18 AM

335 posts, read 1,435,903 times
statements (including a gore quote paraphrased from the ap appearing in quotations--nice way to get to the source) appearing out of context in a rant column of the right-wing "news busters." this is almost as good as the fish story someone got from the pro-nazi british tabloid the other week. good work.

meanwhile, our idiot president doesn't believe in global warming and has made policy decisions in that regard. yeah, that's much better for the environment than the *opinion* of someone with no political power.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:26 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Al Gore can't get out of his own way lately. The fish story was reported because several environmental groups were mad at Gore for serving up fish they were fighting to protect. Even your good friends at the left MSNBC reported the story, so it wasn't just right wing sources.

Actually, GWB has admitted we need to do something about climate change. I remember the globaloney warming alarmists were happy and thought that Bush admitting climate change was a problem was more "proof" that their Gorified version of AGW is true.

But isn't that the last thing you want for proof? The approval of someone that you call an evil, lying, hatemonger? Seems he would fit well right beside Gore at least.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:35 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
That is hilarious. GWB has "admitted" we need to do something about the environment. Could somebody remind GWB he is the President of the Unites States... and has the authority to do something about it? Like get on board with every other 1st world country and sign the Kyoto Protocol would be 1 suggestion.

Last edited by bily4; 07-23-2007 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-23-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Actually, GWB has admitted we need to do something about climate change. I remember the globaloney warming alarmists were happy and thought that Bush admitting climate change was a problem was more "proof" that their Gorified version of AGW is true.

But isn't that the last thing you want for proof? The approval of someone that you call an evil, lying, hatemonger? Seems he would fit well right beside Gore at least.
yeah, bush talked real pretty about the environment in the 2007 state of the union address, well into his second term and after "inconvenient truth" had helped make the environment a mainstream issue. but he put his money where his mouth is with kyoto, epa managment, and the watered-down clear skies initiative. in other words, he's stating what's politically popular while doing far short of what he could to take the issues seriously through policy. that's the "proof" i see. i would *love* to see bush prove me wrong with solid environmental policies, instead of undermining our progress. instead, all i see is too little too late, and most of it empty rhetoric.

he's leading by example, and his example is that the environment isn't that important to the u.s.. hence gore's rhetoric of why should china care if the already-developed u.s. doesn't care? what leverage can we possibly have with countries like china if the u.s. itself isn't willing to follow stronger environmental policies?

Last edited by Chi2NYC?; 07-23-2007 at 09:57 AM..

Old 07-23-2007, 09:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
We do not have to do anything about climate change except "eat, drink and be merry" because the changed conditions will not be our problem. It will be our kids and their kids problems.

I just hope I live long enough to see the major changes really get going. Then I will laugh at all the idiots still living on the seacoasts and be able to tell them that Al Gore did his best to warn them.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:27 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Hmmm, I was wondering, how many years do we have left before we are doomed to extinction? I was thinking Al Gore said 10 years about a year ago. So is he saying 9 this year?

Will all those offsets he bought be enough to save us from the CO2 he produced which negated any benefits of the carbon offsets?

Anywho, I'm enjoying the warm weather and will continue to do so while others fret about the more temperate conditions that were referred to as "climate optimum" prion to Al Gore's fearmongering. I find it amazing people can bash Bush for using fear to gather support, and then they get scared by a movie from Gore and support his agenda. Wow, that kettle sure is black huh?

Old 07-23-2007, 10:44 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,476,830 times
I lean conservative, but there isn't much of substance in this link provided.

Gore's point was: If the most developed nation on the planet (the US) can't find an economically viable way to curb pollution to "acceptable" levels, then there is no way that you can expect a developing nation (China) to do so.

This is not a "new" point of view. This is what people all over the developing world have been arguing for a long time. Maybe there's some flaw in this argument, I don't know - but bashing Al Gore does not further the discussion in any way. I didn't vote for Al Gore, BTW.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Hmmm, I was wondering, how many years do we have left before we are doomed to extinction? I was thinking Al Gore said 10 years about a year ago. So is he saying 9 this year?

Will all those offsets he bought be enough to save us from the CO2 he produced which negated any benefits of the carbon offsets?

Anywho, I'm enjoying the warm weather and will continue to do so while others fret about the more temperate conditions that were referred to as "climate optimum" prion to Al Gore's fearmongering. I find it amazing people can bash Bush for using fear to gather support, and then they get scared by a movie from Gore and support his agenda. Wow, that kettle sure is black huh?
i'll take fear based on science and facts to convince us to stop doing something stupid, over fear based on empty "good vs. evil" rhetoric to convince us to do something stupid, any day.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:44 AM

3,674 posts, read 10,605,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi2NYC? View Post
i'll take fear based on science and facts to convince us to stop doing something stupid, over fear based on empty "good vs. evil" rhetoric to convince us to do something stupid, any day.
But, hasn't that Bush's position? Show me the science and facts....ie proof.... before we jump up and do anything? Seems to me you just sided with George on this issue.

Did anyone come up with an explanation as to why astronomers are seeing the other planets in our solar system showing the same relative warming trends despite the fact that the US doesn't have any facilities built on any of them yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies