Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 02:26 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That's just it--it's an anonymous source saying that the President didn't have ONE ON ONE contact--not that he didn't see them every week at cabinet meetings. Why would he call anyone more often if they could sort everything out that they needed to report on at a weekly meeting? That becomes a waste of time...
And it's an anonymous source that's saying that this is untrue. Who to believe... Hmmm, tough one, should I believe a couple of Obama shills over a news report? Nah, I'll take the news report for a 1,000 Alex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 02:37 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

No... I got that.

I said "what about her" because she merely moderated a report by another guy relaying an assertion from a single anonymous source. It wasn't her report.

The point remains that the President's cabinet meets personally about once a week.

How somebody gets from 100 meetings to "zero contact" requires a certain amount of rhetorical liberality, don't you think?
I'll borrow this answer as my own. Especially because you said it nicer than I probably would have.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:43 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Just can't admit you're wrong eh?
No. I can admit it when I am.

But you're post was in the wrong thread and about a subject I have not even commented on.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And it's an anonymous source that's saying that this is untrue.
Huh?

No it didn't.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:47 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,166 times
Okay girls. How about John Heileman of the New York Magazine? (Oh dear. I hope all the i's are dotted...)

http://politisite.com/2011/02/22/afl-cio’s-trumka-talks-to-the-white-house-every-day-obama-hasnt-met-with-some-members-of-his-own-cabinet/ (broken link)

Old 02-23-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Okay girls. How about John Heileman of the New York Magazine?
He cites an anonymous source that seems clueless about the weekly cabinet meetings.

And the "union boss" never claims to have met with Obama even once.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:

Okay girls. How about John Heileman of the New York Magazine? (Oh dear. I hope all the i's are dotted...)

http://politisite.com/2011/02/22/afl-cio’s-trumka-talks-to-the-white-house-every-day-obama-hasnt-met-with-some-members-of-his-own-cabinet/
You're calling that a cite? You have got to be kidding me. You may as well link me to the Moonie Times, or better yet, The Onion. I don't think they come much loonier or unreliable than that!

Seriously, do you believe everything you read? If so, I've got a few paragraphs I'll get started typing right away.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

He cites an anonymous source.
[Jeremy Clarkson voice] Some say. . . [/JCv]

Old 02-23-2011, 03:11 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
You're calling that a cite? You have got to be kidding me. You may as well link me to the Moonie Times, or better yet, The Onion. I don't think they come much loonier or unreliable than that!

Seriously, do you believe everything you read? If so, I've got a few paragraphs I'll get started typing right away.
Yes. I believe the award winning, New York Magazine is a reputable cite - been around quite a while.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_(magazine)

BTW, you might want to sit down and relax a bit. You sound like you're working yourself up in a frenzy. Don't worry. When all this turmoil is over and Walker's bill is passed and Obama is voted out in 2012 and the Republicans regain even more leadership, your voice will still be heard. You see, conservatives tend to uphold the laws of the land and honor everyone's freedom under the constitution. So take a deep breath and calm down. Everything will be okay.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Yes. I believe the award winning, New York Magazine is a reputable cite - been around quite a while.
That doesn't rescue an anonymous source that seems oblivious to the simple fact that the president meets with his cabinet personally on average once every week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies