Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:40 PM

334 posts, read 188,441 times

Advertisements

Given the current pool of fools, I'd vote for Trump. Hell, I'd vote 10 times like an ACORN rep if I had nothing to lose. The community organizer turned out to be all wind and no win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 01:45 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,246 times
I've been saying it for years: Learn Chinese. Your kids and grandkids will be fighting a war with China. They see it and are preparing for it now. The United States doesn't have the money to pay back the debt we owe China and some excuse will be made, for the "war," and thus void all the debt.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:52 PM

839 posts, read 2,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I've been saying it for years: Learn Chinese. Your kids and grandkids will be fighting a war with China. They see it and are preparing for it now. The United States doesn't have the money to pay back the debt we owe China and some excuse will be made, for the "war," and thus void all the debt.
With every fiber of my being I'd like to disagree with you, but I'm afraid you are correct.....

Old 03-07-2011, 01:53 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James125 View Post
I've been reading some of Trump's comments about China and how we are giving all of our money and jobs to them via a huge trade deficit.

Is anything being done about it? Could Trump strike a cord with Americans frustrated with unemployment and toxic China products? He's supposed to make a decision in 4 months as to whether he will run for president.

I read an article about China's growing military prowess ( China's Military Buildup - OnlyBuyAmerican.com ). It seems like there is a reason to be concerned about them.

Any thoughts?

Jim
He's welcome to have any concerns he wants.
If anyone agrees with him or cares what he thinks is another matter completely.

Old 03-07-2011, 01:58 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,552,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
And Ronald Reagan was a Hollywood actor so what is you point?
Sorry, is this thread about electing Ronald Reagan for president?

Our country has very serious economic problems now. We need a technocrat -- not an actor, a lawyer, or a real estate developer to help solve them.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:08 PM

334 posts, read 188,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
Sorry, is this thread about electing Ronald Reagan for president?

Our country has very serious economic problems now. We need a technocrat -- not an actor, a lawyer, or a real estate developer to help solve them.
Exactly

Hiring a community organizer to improve our financial situation would be like hiring a business tycoon to bring everyone together.

We got what we paid for. Now lets return it to SleazyPoliticianMart and buy the correct model.

Old 03-07-2011, 04:11 PM

555 posts, read 877,080 times
Quote:
Rodomonte, do you think this is just a gimmick or is he really serious about being president?
With his ego, it is hard to tell. If you watched his nasty spat with Rosie O'Donnel, you would know he is definitely not diplomatic.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:15 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,133,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
E

Him or Obama if it comes down to that? Why?
Donald Trump is virtually unelectable. He has absolutely no political base and no support at all. Notice that the people he hang out with are Hollywood types or celebrities. He has NO connections with the heavy duty elites or upper class. He mostly cavorts with the nouveau riche (NBA/NFL/Hollywood/WWE stars) rather than with politicians such as Brent Scowcroft or Henry Kissinger or academics like Greg Mankiw.

Also, the upper class that I mentioned do not have a lot of respect for him because he hangs out with Hollywood types so he will not gain their support at all. Notice that he does not reside in any of the white glove co-ops in the Upper East Side but rather in his own building. The fact that he has his own tacky TV show and a former model for a wife (rather than a well connected businesswoman/old money heiress) pretty much spells his doom. He is more or less a laughing stock for the upper class/elites.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:30 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,207,186 times
Quote:
I've been reading some of Trump's comments about China and how we are giving all of our money and jobs to them via a huge trade deficit.

Is anything being done about it? Could Trump strike a cord with Americans frustrated with unemployment and toxic China products? He's supposed to make a decision in 4 months as to whether he will run for president.

I read an article about China's growing military prowess ( China's Military Buildup - OnlyBuyAmerican.com ). It seems like there is a reason to be concerned about them.

Any thoughts?

Jim

no, but my opinion is irrelevant. we always need someone to blame and if it's not muslims then china will do. china is not the problem, we are. we blame them because WE'VE become uncompetitive. we blame them for currency manipulation without considering for 1 minute that we are the world's biggest currency manipulators. while it is true that their military is building up, the chinese seem to have a better foreign policy with most nations than we do. they trade with them but don't interfere in their domestic affairs. if anything, we should learn from them as they learnt from us

Old 03-07-2011, 09:39 PM

1,348 posts, read 2,857,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
no, but my opinion is irrelevant. we always need someone to blame and if it's not muslims then china will do. china is not the problem, we are. we blame them because WE'VE become uncompetitive. we blame them for currency manipulation without considering for 1 minute that we are the world's biggest currency manipulators. while it is true that their military is building up, the chinese seem to have a better foreign policy with most nations than we do. they trade with them but don't interfere in their domestic affairs. if anything, we should learn from them as they learnt from us
This is the only reasonable post in here.

Americans have long adopted a culture of shifting responsibility to others. This is also apparent in our foreign policy. The US needs to stop blaming others for its own errors and faults, and it needs to learn what others are doing right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies