Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 09:10 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

That's it. You know, I can see Congress getting in a snit because they didn't come up with them first but this was Obama's own hand-picked commission. So, why did he ignore his own debt commission's recommendations? Did he intend them to be just a dog and pony show for the 2010 elections?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 09:35 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
That's it. You know, I can see Congress getting in a snit because they didn't come up with them first but this was Obama's own hand-picked commission. So, why did he ignore his own debt commission's recommendations? Did he intend them to be just a dog and pony show for the 2010 elections?
Your stupidity is showing. Need proof? When did the report come out?

Old 02-24-2011, 09:36 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
HE IGNORED THE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE PROTESTING THE BAILOUTS WHATS IS 18 people really.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times
A bit of angry deflection by Einstein doesn't really answer the question of why Obama totally ignored the very debt commission he touted.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
A bit of angry deflection by Einstein doesn't really answer the question of why Obama totally ignored the very debt commission he touted.
Why? Asking to back up an accusation in the OP is deflection?

I'm glad, that I grew up to not be one of you.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:06 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
As far as I know, he didn't adopt his Commission's recommendations in his budget and I suspect he created the Commission just to make it look like he was doing something for the 2010 elections. Do you know, otherwise?

"Overall, the commission's plan would reduce the country's accumulated debt to 40% of the overall economy by 2035, down from the 185% currently projected."

Obama debt commission plan: Top recommendations - Dec. 3, 2010

"The budget President Obama submitted Monday to Congress was conspicuously absent many of the recommendations from his own debt commission, but the president sees no irony."

Obama on Incorporating Debt Commission Recommendations: Give it Time - FoxNews.com

"To prove his bona fides, he later appointed a deficit reduction commission. It made its report last December, when the economy was well past recession, solemnly declaring that 'the era of debt denial is over.' That lasted all of two months. The president's first post-commission budget, submitted Monday, marks a return to obliviousness. Even Erskine Bowles, Obama's Democratic debt commission co-chair, says it goes 'nowhere near where they will have to go to resolve our fiscal nightmare.."

Krauthammer: Obama's Louis XV budget | StAugustine.com

Old 02-24-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
As far as I know, he didn't adopt his Commission's recommendations in his budget and I suspect he created the Commission just to make it look like he was doing something for the 2010 elections. Do you know, otherwise?
Clearly, you didn't get my previous post. If you want to have a civil discussion, how about you stop with bickering and spewing hatred, using lies to score a political point?

You're surely aware that the report came AFTER the elections, right? Or, did you believe something you read from a large mouthed babbler with a mic on radio?

But can I at least assume that you know that budgetary preparations didn't wait until December? For a change, I'm glad we have a president who doesn't work impulsive on policy change. How about the proposals be discussed in the congress first? You hate the idea, right?

Old 02-24-2011, 12:27 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,847 times
Yeah he's stupid about this.Just a show :/

Old 02-24-2011, 12:31 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Clearly, you didn't get my previous post. If you want to have a civil discussion, how about you stop with bickering and spewing hatred, using lies to score a political point?

Liberal Hypocrisy Alert!

Quote:
Your stupidity is showing.
Quote:
I'm glad, that I grew up to not be one of you.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:33 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Why did he ignore the commission's recommentions? Because acting on them would have required some politically costly cuts that would have required real leadership to impliment and get through congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies