Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 04:18 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I think there is a faction in this country that has an interest in making sure we DON'T have an educated populace...

Indeed there is. They are called Democrats. They want an uneducated populace because such a populace is easier to propagate their lies upon.

Do you get it yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
And you know, or should know, that most of those studies are based on aggregate spending which includes facilities, and administrative cost. In short, your conclusive studies are as meaningless as your post when it relates to the topic at hand.

While I shy away from anecdotal evidence, I recall a certain school board that spent millions of dollars constructing a new school board headquarters unaffectionately referred to as the Taj Mahal, complete with imported marble and what was proposed - a bullet proof dais (until a modicum of sanity was injected in their plans) while students languished in antiquated trailers. I stood before that same school board and made the suggestion that they should move their over indulgent asses into the portables and let the kids study in the school board's new palace.

Now if you want to discuss taxpayers being ripped off, I'm all for it, but I will be damned if I am going to sit back and vilify folks who day in and day out try to keep our kids not only safe, but try to instill into them as much information into their little brains as possible.

What is hysterically funny about all this is that only a few years ago, folks all across the country were talking about paying good wages to encourage young folks to enter the classroom. To regard teachers as one of the most important profession in our communities. It is simply amazing how all of that bull**** went out the window as mental midgets have risen to positions of power as of late. Folks who value ignorance above all else.

Luckily I won't live long enough to see the total destruction of this country by the know nothing, tea bag ignoramus sycophants of corporate interests. But I'll be damned if I won't be laughing all the way to the grave watching you folks do it.

I didn't even read this diatribe, and already know it is full of BS. So THERE. Mods can *f* with me all they want. I can be banned, deleted, or WTF. But you Mother ****ers and your time of extorting the citizens of this country is O-V-E-R.

You are dinasaurs; you and your religion of facism.

Good bye and GOOD ****ING RIDDANCE.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:22 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Indeed there is. They are called Democrats. They want an uneducated populace because such a populace is easier to propagate their lies upon.

Do you get it yet?
So, since you seem to consider yourself informed on the subject you'll perhaps enlighten us with a narrative of all the educational programs the Republicans have and are pushing for? Or just maybe they consider their best chance to be an uneducated populace?

Old 02-25-2011, 04:24 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
I didn't even read this diatribe, and already know it is full of BS. So THERE. Mods can *f* with me all they want. I can be banned, deleted, or WTF. But you Mother ****ers and your time of extorting the citizens of this country is O-V-E-R.
Running low on meds?

Quote:

Buh-Bye!

Don't let the mouse hit ya in the arse on your way out

Old 02-25-2011, 04:25 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:

Who taught him English

Old 02-25-2011, 04:25 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,346,453 times
Thumbs down Feel the Disrespect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh for god ****ing sake!

This is exorbitant for professionals with a master's degrees, years of experience and regular courses for certifications? Get ****ing real!

My oh my. I do not have union representation, have to maintain my level of education with continued education and I have to pay a heck of a lot for my employer supplemented health insurance. Get real! There are many more people like me paying the benefits of those public union people who are disrespectful and arogant enough to think they are entitled to more more moe than I can afford to pay for in tax hikes.

Sure hope all those asterisks are NOT from someone with a college degree!
And I have a real problem with your lack of a capital G too! All for a 55% graduation rate too! This is war!

Old 02-25-2011, 04:27 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
My oh my. I do not have union representation, have to maintain my level of education with continued education and I have to pay a heck of a lot for my employer supplemented health insurance. Get real! There are many more people like me paying the benefits of those public union people who are disrespectful and arogant enough to think they are entitled to more more moe than I can afford to pay for in tax hikes.

Sure hope all those asterisks are NOT from someone with a college degree!
And I have a real problem with your lack of a capital G too! All for a 55% graduation rate too! This is war!
Arrogant is spelt like this

Old 02-25-2011, 04:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, since you seem to consider yourself informed on the subject you'll perhaps enlighten us with a narrative of all the educational programs the Republicans have and are pushing for? Or just maybe they consider their best chance to be an uneducated populace?
Too many Democrats = Progressive and that is enough answer for you. The Progressives have been the result of most of the dumbing down of America from the beginning.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Perhaps you can inform me on the failed systems of the last 40 years? The Dims have been praying on an uneducated populace for all that time, yet you seem to believe that throwing even more taxpayer money at it is going to make it better. It WILL NOT. It will make it worse.

I AM well informed on the subject and know first hand what this type of system has done to kids; you can see it each and every day in what we are graduating in this country. We are the laughing stock of the world in how many ingrates we put into college and/or in the workforce.

YOUR system has NOT worked. It is time to give people who CARE about the children a chance, and not your unions, who don't give a damn about anything other than their voting bloc and salaries.

Learn a lesson or two, because you are about to. The people in this country are fed up with the democrat lies and thuggery.

Your time is over. You are a dinosaur.

LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Arrogant is spelt like this
NO, arrogant is spelled "Jaggy001."

Live with it, and deal with it. You dims are losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies