Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 07:33 AM

464 posts, read 659,940 times

Advertisements

WATCH THIS VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot?...12/AniIr_sIrRE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 08:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,917,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Link? quote? lies? propoganda?
Read through the Threads on this section of this site and you will find plenty to back up my statement, there is a search function you can use to make it easier to find.
Casper

Old 02-26-2011, 08:30 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,917,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Blah, blah, blah, blah. get real
So from your well thought out reply I assume you are about 12, or am I guessing too high? Truth hurts doesn't it.
Casper

Old 02-26-2011, 09:17 AM

58,853 posts, read 27,181,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So from your well thought out reply I assume you are about 12, or am I guessing too high? Truth hurts doesn't it.
Casper
I'm sorry my post is over your head. Get a 12 year old to explain it to you.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:35 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,100,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Can't try to do what again?? If this was about the budget, the Governor would have simply agreed to the concessions that the Union agreed to, which is what he actually campaigned on. Instead he is simply trying to bust the Unions.
Please reread what I said and what the facts are.

To answer the question, the "it" referred to bargaining for a pay or benefit increase.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
The MI Assembly (what many states call the House) passed it, not the Senate. People at least should have a minimum understanding of how a govt. works.
The point is that it's being moved forward in the process.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, it would be almost funny it right-wingers had not said on this board on several different threads that that is Exactly what they want, where were you? I am not sayig they ALL want it but there sure are plenty here that do.
Casper
I sincerely hope you are being hyperbolic here.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:59 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,300,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daminos View Post
The most interesting point brought up in this video is that while the teachers' unions can "bargain" for higher salaries and benefits, the taxpayer- the parents- can't "bargain" to keep the best teachers, fire the bad ones, and have input into curriculum. It's not "bargaining" at all- it's robbery.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:13 AM

22,167 posts, read 19,425,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Please reread what I said and what the facts are.

To answer the question, the "it" referred to bargaining for a pay or benefit increase.
Or perhaps defend against more cuts even when they have nothing left.... This is simply about Union busting. The campaigned upon concessions were already agreed to

Old 02-26-2011, 11:30 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,452,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Its all about protecting the wealthy CEO's and the Koch brothers and giving the crew job to the working and middle class. That is what Walker wants to do, and its quite obvious by looking at the budget and the fact the Unions have agreed to the exact demands Walker put forth in his campaign, and that still isn't enough.
wrong its about crooked unions not backing their members

the members agreed to consessions, and all the state wants (and its all state unions, not just the teachers) is for the union to be voluntary...but the UNION LEADERSHIP wont do it, even though the members want it

the union is wrong here

oh and smash..why are you so flip-floppy...on the nassau issue you are bashing the republicans for giving the unions and cops too much..here you are bashing the republicans for trying to control spending and reighn in the unions....oh I get it its not about unions or you flip-flopping..its about bashing republicans..I get it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies