Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2011, 07:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
Because the worlds monetary base did a 3.3333X over the last decade, with the printed money going through the US economy, and we need to up the minimum wage just to keep up with inflation.

LOL!!!

So, If I have 100 employees, I will have to let 75 go just to pay 25, to keep their jobs. My production will be way down, where I won't be able to afford all 25 left to work.

I raise my prices 4x's what they are to just break even. That limits customers to afford what you make, so volume is going down farther, so now I work alone to barely make it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 08:02 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Maybe we should declare the world is bankrupt and start over. How would the new money be distributed and how would assets be valued? I suggest starting with the workers owning their factories and hiring the executives instead of the previous stockholders and financiers. That would be interesting to watch as all the previous dividends and profits that support the ruling financial aristocrats simply disappear.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:05 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Maybe we should declare the world is bankrupt and start over. How would the new money be distributed and how would assets be valued? I suggest starting with the workers owning their factories and hiring the executives instead of the previous stockholders and financiers. That would be interesting to watch as all the previous dividends and profits that support the ruling financial aristocrats simply disappear.
Look to N Korea for your model in action

Their economy is thriving compared to it's capitalist neighbor to the south lol

Old 02-28-2011, 08:06 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
LOL!!!

So, If I have 100 employees, I will have to let 75 go just to pay 25, to keep their jobs. My production will be way down, where I won't be able to afford all 25 left to work.

I raise my prices 4x's what they are to just break even. That limits customers to afford what you make, so volume is going down farther, so now I work alone to barely make it.
You’ve made a logic error or two or three.

If you multiply the prices by 4X then you will have the money to pay your workers 4X. They will be spending 4X and everyone will have more money to spend.

Upping it all at ounce would be a really bad idea. So you up it in several steps.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

Unions already completely take over companies daily, where the owners have no power. Once in, they can't get out.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:13 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
You can't seriously believe that the minimum wage could be increased by 4X and nothing else would change!!!! If that happened, there wouldn't be anymore $180K houses! A hamburger at a fast food joint would probably cost $25! Unemployment would be astronomical!
Yes some on this thread are either children who never worked or are as stupid as you think.

From the market!
Cause and effect.

Name your poison, but you raise the wage of a person as a nation standard and:
#1 If it's manufacturing you drive the businesses more out of country.
#2 If that business stays and pays a higher wage, the economy adjusts out and the house that was $182 would cost $500k.

Idiots, young, stupid, dolts, dreamers, children; you name it, some don't get how ANYTHING much less how this works, that is why we get problems also balancing a national budget. They are too busy with their hand in the tax payer treasury.

Stupid is as stupid does and so forth.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:17 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Unions already completely take over companies daily, where the owners have no power. Once in, they can't get out.
When the unions do that in the real world they end up closing the business and causing their own pink slip.
We can't have unions in government because they break the back of the American taxpayer with the borrowing to pay their King's ransom.

It's already happened, but nobody wants to acknowledge it. We need a balanced budget, a bare bones government for about 20-30 years to reverse the damage done by mostly unions and then great society programs that went long term to the non permanently disabled.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:27 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Yes some on this thread are either children who never worked or are as stupid as you think.

From the market!
Cause and effect.

Name your poison, but you raise the wage of a person as a nation standard and:
#1 If it's manufacturing you drive the businesses more out of country.
#2 If that business stays and pays a higher wage, the economy adjusts out and the house that was $182 would cost $500k.

Idiots, young, stupid, dolts, dreamers, children; you name it, some don't get how ANYTHING much less how this works, that is why we get problems also balancing a national budget. They are too busy with their hand in the tax payer treasury.

Stupid is as stupid does and so forth.
ad hominem.

“#1 If it's manufacturing you drive the businesses more out of country.” The high wages paid by German manufacturers and their high export rate, makes this patently false on the face of it. You have to figure out why Germany is having high wages and high exports. That is the key.

“#2 If that business stays and pays a higher wage, the economy adjusts out and the house that was $182 would cost $500k.” This is the point of raising the minimum wage. The falling price of houses is causing the contraction of M3. This is causing an economic depression. Having the prices of houses going up is what we need. It will drive an expansion of M3. And with that we get expanding employment. Are you arguing against full employment? The feds is trying to get houses to go up in price. They don’t have the tool to do it. The minimum wage law is the tool to get prices of houses to go up. You have just made my point for me.

To paraphrase someone. Some people don't have a clue how things really work.

Last edited by newonecoming2; 02-28-2011 at 08:46 AM..

Old 02-28-2011, 08:54 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
ad hominem.

“#1 If it's manufacturing you drive the businesses more out of country.” The high wages paid by German manufacturers and their high export rate, makes this patently false on the face of it. You have to figure out why Germany is having high wages and high exports. That is the key.
I've never been there, but Germany seems to me to be a place not run or controlled by organized dregs and flim-flam "speculators".

The German culture seems to lack the sophistication of stupidity profiteering.

It seems the Germans simply cannot understand the infallibility of stupidity, especially once it has been formally empowered.

It's when George Bush declared that he was the "stupider" that the world took notice of the raw power of the art of stupidity.

Stupid does as stupid is.

Whatever "is" is, that is!

Old 02-28-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
ad hominem.

They have sky high import tariffs. They export their excess and do not have subsidies to reduce production.

Patented machinery, is the main export.

They export to countries China doesn't, including over 13% export to china alone.

Last edited by BentBow; 02-28-2011 at 09:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies