Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 08:34 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,847 times

Advertisements

If you want to get a glimpse of the future of the U.S., check out Fort Worth, TX. Never mind the cowboy boots, but you might want to practice your Spanish.
Texas is growing explosively and much of that growth is among Latinos. The latest Census Bureau figures show the Lone Star State grew by 20%, to over 25 million people, recording about a quarter of the nation’s overall growth. The rate of growth was twice the national average. The implications are huge politically, as Texas stands to gain 4 new Congressional seats from this expansion, and Hispanic leaders want in.

Census 2010: A Texas Perspective | Newgeography.com

Old 02-25-2011, 08:43 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
If what Texas is becoming is what America will be like, then be afraid. Be very afraid. Texas is firmly in control of the ultra-right religious nutjobs. And that ain't the worst of it.

There's One Huge State Budget Crisis That Everyone Is Refusing To Talk About

Old 02-25-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
If what Texas is becoming is what America will be like, then be afraid. Be very afraid. Texas is firmly in control of the ultra-right religious nutjobs. And that ain't the worst of it.

There's One Huge State Budget Crisis That Everyone Is Refusing To Talk About
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Texas budget problem is resolved : big spending cuts enacted and strong sales taxes revenues growth.Sorry guy, you lose
Texas isn't California : when you have a budget crisis it's resolved

Old 02-25-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Texas budget problem is resolved : big spending cuts enacted and strong sales taxes revenues growth.Sorry guy, you lose
Texas isn't California : when you have a budget crisis it's resolved

I live in Texas.

You have no idea. But you sure like to display your ignorance.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I live in Texas.

You have no idea. But you sure like to display your ignorance.
Apparently ignorance is from your side, because if you were texan you would know that : Texas budget crisis is over, because big spending cuts enacted
Or maybe you can't read

Quote:
The Texas House opened the conversation on state spending Tuesday with a $156.4 billion budget that's $31.1 billion smaller than its predecessor, a drop of 16.6 percent from the current two-year spending plan.
The cuts are deep, but the proposed budget doesn't call for an increase in taxes or tapping the state's $9.4 billion Rainy Day Fund. The budget was released to legislators on Tuesday night and is now available to the public online (http://www.lbb.state.tx.us/Support_File/Recent_Additions.htm - broken link). The Senate will follow with a proposal of its own next week — lawmakers say the differences are relatively small. And Gov. Rick Perry says he'll follow with his own proposal before his State of the State speech in the first week of February.
http://www.texastribune.org/texas-ta...sweeping-cuts/

HIHIHIHI

Old 02-25-2011, 09:39 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,510 times
Don't you live in France????

Old 02-25-2011, 09:40 AM

371 posts, read 393,311 times
Quote:
If what Texas is becoming is what America will be like, then be afraid. Be very afraid. Texas is firmly in control of the ultra-right religious nutjobs.
One thing I like about secular liberals is they are really supportive about maximizing the growth of hispanic evangelical Catholics. When America has a 40% Catholic base I'm curious how that will swap politics.

As long as they're not white Catholics I suppose it's wonderful.

Oh, TX also ranks among the top ten states for highest crime rates. AZ and NM are also on the list. Guess what those states have in common?

Old 02-25-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Don't you live in France????
No I live on Earth and beyond

Old 02-25-2011, 09:57 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
I see Mexico and the United States getting closer politically and culturally as the percentage of Americans who are of Mexican ethnicity increase. I think the two countries will merge in the very near future. I"m looking forward to such an event. It has been so long since we added more stars to Old Glory.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
Apparently ignorance is from your side, because if you were texan you would know that : Texas budget crisis is over, because big spending cuts enacted
English is not your native language, so it's forgivable that you don't grasp the difference between "proposed" and "enacted."

Quote:
Or maybe you can't read

Or maybe your trolling needs a little upgrading.

It's FAR from resolved, Frenchie.

Topic: 2011 Budget Shortfall | The Texas Tribune
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies