Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 05:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Where was AnUnidentifiedMale's outrage when this was going on?

Oh that's right, he were probably the one carrying the Bush=Hitler sign.

Death Threats Against Bush at Protests Ignored for Years
It would really be nice if we could move on from the above. I don't know if AUM ever advocated shooting Bush; I wasn't posting on P&OC when Bush was pres, until late in the 2008 camaign. Nevertheless, I think we've all seen in the last few weeks that advocating violence, even as a joke, is a terrible idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 05:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,439,973 times
Maybe this is not right, but i am more then sure, that past Presidents, have had the same things said about them, and no person made big deals out of that. Comes with the territority, right or wrong.

Lets not ride this out as one Party is better then the other, lately, either one has our best inerest at heart, they are spoiled school age children the way both parties act, neither one in my books are innocent of anything these days.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:23 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So do I. I also wonder why the righties are not up in arms over the "joke" since if this were said by a leftie they would be whining like little girls about it. Hypocracy at its best.
Casper
Left leaning talk show host Craig Kilborn put a picture of President Geroge W. Bush on his show with the caption "Snipers Wanted" underneath.

There was very little outcry from the right. And none from the left.

In other words: you are wrong.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:30 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,559,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Maybe this is not right, but i am more then sure, that past Presidents, have had the same things said about them, and no person made big deals out of that. Comes with the territority.
Then why is this a law?

§ 871. Threats against President and successors to the Presidency

(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

(b) The terms “President-elect” and “Vice President-elect” as used in this section shall mean such persons as are the apparent successful candidates for the offices of President and Vice President, respectively, as ascertained from the results of the general elections held to determine the electors of President and Vice President in accordance with title 3, United States Code, sections 1 and 2. The phrase “other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President” as used in this section shall mean the person next in the order of succession to act as President in accordance with title 3, United States Code.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Question to GOP Rep.: 'Who is going to shoot Obama?' - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

This shows how little respect many Republicans have for the President. They openly laugh in public about shooting Obama.
I'll wager that the comment was not serious and merely figurative.

[a sense of humor never killed anyone]

Old 02-25-2011, 05:43 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Left leaning talk show host Craig Kilborn put a picture of President Geroge W. Bush on his show with the caption "Snipers Wanted" underneath.

There was very little outcry from the right. And none from the left.

In other words: you are wrong.
Far left loon randii rhodes threatening to perform a 'fredo' on bush: same deal.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:51 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
That is NOT right!! I don't care what party it is! That's not funny period!!
It's a sumptom of all the hate going on now. Nobody should ever find a comment about shooting someone funny or laugh. Shows the degree of paranoia driving this time. Very very sad.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:17 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,515 times
I was never a fan of Bush, but never tolerated talk of murdering him, because I felt that was a little much. I would think conservatives would at least have that much decorum to do the same.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:26 PM

1,138 posts, read 3,345,812 times
Red face Thou shalt not kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I hope you're right, but i doubt it.
It's too awful a comment to do anything but laugh at it's absurdity!

Old 02-25-2011, 06:40 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Where was AnUnidentifiedMale's outrage when this was going on?

Oh that's right, he were probably the one carrying the Bush=Hitler sign.

Death Threats Against Bush at Protests Ignored for Years
Your personal attacks on me have always been ridiculous. I guess some things never change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies