Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 10:01 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post

So you think it is okay for a union to force members to pay for political campaigns they may not support? Or is it okay for the average union worker to pay for the exorbitant union leader salaries and conferences? My mother paid $500 in union dues last year. That extra money certainly would've been nice to have.
Hey, talk to the Supreme Court on that one. I guess you assume it's okay for me to pay for political issues I don't support whenever I go to the store and buy something from a company whose corporate officers/owners give to Republican campaigns? Spare me your pity party. I'm a taxpayer, so I have no choice about that. No matter where I buy things, those companies can now donate as if they were actual people, so my money is being funneled into politics I don't agree with. If your mother doesn't want to pay her union dues, she can bloody well find another job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post

You were so adamant in your previous posts about fighting back against those who did not want to pay for welfare that I assumed you were on welfare. Glad to know that you prosper. I thought you had posted earlier that you would face financial ruin if Obamacare did not pass.
You ASSumed wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 10:03 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Just astounding that folks are falling for this garbage being pushed by George Soros and Van Jones (top down and bottom up respectively).

Old 02-25-2011, 10:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
That's great for the teachers in New Hampshire getting a raise. Unions are great for workers.
Yeah, great...as the kids get a great education with that 7%.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:05 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, great...as the kids get a great education with that 7%.
I agree with you Sanrene. This needs to be increased more than just 7%!

Old 02-25-2011, 10:06 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,224,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Hey, talk to the Supreme Court on that one. I guess you assum it's okay for me to pay for political issues I don't support whenever I go to the store and buy something from a company whose corporate officers/owners give to Republican campaigns? Spare me your pity party. I'm a taxpayer, so I have no choice about that. No matter where I buy things, those companies can now donate as if they were actual people, so my money is being funneled into politics I don't agree with. If your mother doesn't want to pay her union dues, she can bloody well find another job. You ASSumed wrong.

Nobody is forcing you to buy from those companies. OTOH, taxpayers have no choice.

For someone who claims to support the middle class, I'm surprised to see you supporting unions taking workers' wages to pay for political campaigns (among other things).

Old 02-25-2011, 10:08 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
You are just BLIND to the facts.

In 1973 there were no NAFTA or any other free trade agreements. That's when the US steel industry began collapsing simply because unions had bled the companies dry and made it impossible to compete.

So explain again how free trade agreements caused something to begin happening in 1973 and by the mid 80's they were all gone?
Well maybe you should look at all the facts...............

"The steel crisis was a recession in the global steel market during the 1970s recession, following the end of the post-World War II economic boom and the 1973 oil crisis."

Steel crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-25-2011, 10:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
That figure includes all teachers, including private school teachers. The us has about 25% private schools versus 10% private in Canada. Viewing only public school teachers, the average is low 50k, exclusive of benefits.
It is those benefits in Wisconsin that caused all of this in the first place.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:09 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,145 times
In a sick kind of way I hope the teachers in WI get every concession they want.

Then when the State becomes insolvent, their retirement and health care won't be there for them.

It would serve them right.

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:

Nobody is forcing you to buy from those companies. OTOH, taxpayers have no choice.
This makes no sense.
Quote:

For someone who claims to support the middle class, I'm surprised to see you supporting unions taking workers' wages to pay for political campaigns (among other things).
I'm supporting unions in this case because they happen to actually represent people. Workers. The Middle Class. I don't support corporations spending billions of my consumer dollars on political campaigns. But I have no choice. You don't want to work for a union and have a portion of your income funneled to political campaigns, find another job. My only option is to leave the damn country.

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Did you folks see the story here I posted about the school in New Hampshire, in a town where the average income is just $22,000/year and the teachers were getting $74,000/year?

They fired ALL the teachers because they had a 93% fail rate.

But the union stepped in and got the school board to rehire them and even give them a $3000 raise.

Guess what? They still have a 93% failure rate and the teachers even had the guts to stage a sick-out protesting the citizen's calls for better performance!!
Why do you feel the need to be untruthful?

At $43,941 New Hampshire is ranked 25th for average teacher salaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies