Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2011, 09:28 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
It appears to be more of an error in judgement by placing the various protest-related paraphernalia in the immediate vicinity of the memorial than an deliberate effort to desecrate the memorial.

[the solution is to re/move that stuff]
I guess the error is that they didn't know you are not supposed to do such a thing. But this bunch reminds me of those young anarchists/lefties who hate the military

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
And you're outraged! Figures.

Those kids did not do any damage to that memorial. As I said in another post, they were set up behind it. No names were covered. Nothing on the front of the memorial was covered. No one spraypainted derrogatory words and sayings on it. No one scratched it. No one was leaning up against it and blocking anyone view of it. In fact, the set up there may have actually drawn people to come and look at it and actually THINK about the names on it and why those names were there. IMO, some people just spend time looking for things to be "upset" about.....anything they can find, especially if it gives them a bit of their "15 minutes."
They plastered their garbage fliers all over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave.dawsn View Post
I'm pretty sure it's only "disrespectful" in the eyes of people that disagree with the protesters. If this were a Tea Party rally I bet none of these wing nuts would be even the least bit upset.
A Tea Party patriotic would know better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 09:28 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
And they think that people do ot see the difference i thier brown shirt tactics and the tea party. I do.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:41 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Listen to these young, clueless, dummies who have no idea what they have done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHWZI...mbedded#at=279

Unbelievable.

Looks like they turned the Capitol into a street bizarre.
In the video, I found that the man who videotaped this was attacking and disrespectful while the protesters of the budget bill were respectful, listening, cordial, and complying.

BTW, our soldiers died for the very freedom that Walker is trying to take away!

Old 02-26-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
In the video, I found that the man who videotaped this was attacking and disrespectful while the protesters of the budget bill were respectful, listening, cordial, and complying.

I don't think they died for an arm of the democrat party that FORCES workers to join, then FORCES them to give money.

They are the exact opposite of freedom.

Were you looking at the same video? The people complaining how they desecrated the memorial with their garbage were agast the clueless little leftists had no idea what they had done.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:07 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
I don't think they died for an arm of the democrat party that FORCES workers to join, then FORCES them to give money.

Were you looking at the same video? The people complaining how they desecrated the memorial with their garbage were agast the clueless little leftists had no idea what they had done.
I thought it was very professional and courteous to not mention anything about being against the protesters' message. I'm certain many of the people on this forum supporting the protesters on this video would prefer to associate them as tea partiers and anti-union, but the truth is that they said nothing relating to their agenda.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:11 AM

245 posts, read 682,936 times
Quote:

Nor did they die so everyday, working Americans (who make up most of the military btw) can be bullied and stripped of their rights by corporations.

Nor did they die for the republican party which cries about deficits and debt but has no problem whatsoever borrowing $700 billion from China to give another massive, undeserved tax cut to the richest 2% of the country while the other 98% are struggling to keep a roof over their heads.

Pretty sure they didn't die for a republican president that has no problem lying to send them to risk their lives in an illegal, unjust war so his VP's buddies can profit.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:20 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:

If they were respectful they wouldn't have taped their garbage to a war memorial and those soldiers died protecting our freedom, not union collective bargaining which in turn forces people to join unions or pay dues to unions they don't want. The 2 camera people were as respectful as could be expected considering the gravity of what those idiots did even though they and you aren't truly aware of what it means.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:21 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:

Pretty sure they didn't die for a republican president that has no problem lying to send them to risk their lives in an illegal, unjust war
Obama's in the republican party now?

Old 02-26-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Nor did they die so everyday, working Americans (who make up most of the military btw) can be bullied and stripped of their rights by corporations.
CB is not a right. The state government granted the unions the ability for CB, they can take it away too.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:24 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
Quote:

Thank You!!!!...the protesters were cordial and respectful while this old coot was very disrespectful and condescending.

At one point he even tells them to move it or he will!!..then he would have been crying crocodile tears on the 5 o'clock news over the rowdy protesters that kicked his ass!!!

I'm a veteran, and I believe that the sacrifices made by servicemen were not only made for one group of people, one political party, or one race of people as many one this board seem to believe.

I too would have been angry had they spray painted, urinated, or committed any intentional act of disrespect on the monument. But they didn't!!!

Even the title of this post is a lie and written to arouse anger at the people in the video.

No where did I see a group of protesters desecrating a war memorial in the capitol to "to make a statement".

Exactly what statement does that group attempt to make??..or is this another pathetic attempt at, exaggeration in order to blur the real issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies