Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 06:31 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,206,722 times

Advertisements

i think all presidential candidates should take note. Chris Christie doesn't speak to an audience like most politicians including president Obama, he debates with them. to me that shows that he knows his subject and is not afraid to take the bull by the horns.

here is a short clip where in a confrontation with a teacher he explains his position clearly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBaVvLmoE38
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 06:33 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
He is pretty good when dealing with an opponent on just about any subject.

The next voice you here (here) will attack him on his weight, though.....

Old 02-26-2011, 06:36 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
I really like him and think he delivers a clear, straight message. Thanks for the clip, I had not seen that one.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:45 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,206,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I really like him and think he delivers a clear, straight message. Thanks for the clip, I had not seen that one.

he is very apolitical. i probably have the wrong choice of words, but he behaves like a normal person not a politician. i say this because he doesn't try to dodge his critics and then return a nicety to disarm them. that approach is getting old and transparent. when someone criticises him or his policy, he argues straight back. he doesn't avoid questions, he tackles everything head on. even his critics know at anytime where they stand with him and that is probably his best quality in todays socio-political-economic atmosphere

Old 02-26-2011, 06:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
I've heard him telling folks they were made promises by politicians that couldn't be kept and therefore they'd have to make sacrafices. What I haven't heard is whether he's going after the pensions/benefits those false-promise making politicians receive. Until he does he's just a grand-standing hypocrite.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:52 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
he is very apolitical. i probably have the wrong choice of words, but he behaves like a normal person not a politician. i say this because he doesn't try to dodge his critics and then return a nicety to disarm them. that approach is getting old and transparent. when someone criticises him or his policy, he argues straight back. he doesn't avoid questions, he tackles everything head on. even his critics know at anytime where they stand with him and that is probably his best quality in todays socio-political-economic atmosphere
You are correct!

I would love to see more politicians like him. I love when he tells people if they are respectful to him, he will be respectful back and if they are rude, he will also be rude. He is a normal person concerned about his state and this country.

Old 02-26-2011, 06:55 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
He seems unconcerned with getting re elected. He speaks honestly. I like that.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:16 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,426,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
He seems unconcerned with getting re elected. He speaks honestly. I like that.
I'd like to think his "unconcern" with getting reelected will get him reelected. I THINK people are starting to see through the typical political rhetoric and empty promises just to get elected. They see through the cute little catch phrases and cheerleading chants.

Most of us want someone that will speak their mind and make the hard decision. Not someone who's just seeing how many people they can appease to win an election.

Politics has become only about winning an election and not about running the country in the best interest of the citizens, which is a shame.

Christie appears to be bucking that trend. Hoping he starts a new trend and runs for President.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:21 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I've heard him telling folks they were made promises by politicians that couldn't be kept and therefore they'd have to make sacrafices. What I haven't heard is whether he's going after the pensions/benefits those false-promise making politicians receive. Until he does he's just a grand-standing hypocrite.
They're next.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:38 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,014 times
I love this guy. He tells it like it is in language that anyone can understand. I am totally supportive of him and his agenda.
Life has gotten way too expensive in NJ. We are killed with taxes and everyone has to pay their share. When $3 out of $4 of tax money goes to salaries, something has to give.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies