Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The View's Barbara Walters asks Donald Rumsfeld if he should apologize for the war in Iraq
The videos on the internet prove the Democrats felt Iraq had the weapons before President Bush became president 7 23.33%
Donald Rumsfeld should apologize 7 23.33%
Donald Rumsfeld should NOT apologize 14 46.67%
other 2 6.67%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 11:19 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Everyone that supported the invasion should apologize, regardless of their party.

Most of the people in this thread are more concerned about pointing fingers ("oh my god...look at this video of bill clinton" blabla) than about the dead US soldiers and the thousands of dead Iraqi people.

Fact is, the majority if Democrats voted against the invasion. The majority of Republicans voted for the invasion. Only 7 (!!!) Republicans voted against it. The people who voted for it, should apologize and you guys should be ashamed.

My Son participated in the Iraq War, yet neither he nor I think it was the wrong thing to do - even today.

I believe Iraq is better off without Saddam and that it's great for the Iraqi people to be masters of their own destiny.

I firmly believe that Saddam had stockpiles which were moved to Syria in the Months leading up to the war. There is a fair amount of evidence that's true.

The Iraq Survey Group's final report stated that what they did find was even more disturbing than finding the actual weapons. 300 tons of yellowcake was found and removed to Canada. Small stocks were indeed found. One large terrorist training camp was uncovered. And they found that Saddam's strategy was to wait until the sanctions were lifted (somehting France was pushing hard for at the time) to take his programs out of mothballs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2011, 11:21 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Is this the topic of the thread? When you look at who voted for the invasion, you'll see that almost 100% Republicans voted for it and the majority of Democrats did not.
Anyways, I said whoever voted for it, should apologize whether Democrat or Republican.

What does Osama have to do with Iraq? Open a new thread, and don't hijack this one.
Because if you were educated on this topic you would know that during the clinton administration there were those Hillary, Bill and others that connected them together maybe some reading is in order instead of listening to the bias liberal msm's.
You would also know that all of this with the war started before Bush took office If you watched the video I posted about Bill Clinton he states some very irrefutable facts in there that he is not being held accountable for infact those same dems have gotten amnesia over the whole thing.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:22 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Confusion is a bad thing going around in the dem party.
Are you not doing some finger pointing with the dems voted against it and the rep voted for?
I'm stating a fact. I couldn't care less about Democrats vs. Republicans. As I said everyone who voted for the Iraq war and supported it (like Tony Blair) should be held responsible, don't you agree?

When it comes to foreign policies, I agree with Ron Paul and his views.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Because if you were educated on this topic you would know that during the clinton administration there were those Hillary, Bill and others that connected them together maybe some reading is in order instead of listening to the bias liberal msm's.
You would also know that all of this with the war started before Bush took office If you watched the video I posted about Bill Clinton he states some very irrefutable facts in there that he is not being held accountable for infact those same dems have gotten amnesia over the whole thing.
I don't even know what that is. I don't live in the US. Im done with you. I just stop talking to people that make baseless claims like you just did.

I think you are trying to rewrite history. Its an easy thing to find out which politicians voted for the war and then blame these (regardless of their party, that includes the Democrats that voted for the war).

Old 02-26-2011, 11:29 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Furthermore, while we are speaking of aplogies, I believe Babs Walters should apolgize for subjecting people to her combined screeching/lisp for all these decades. It certainly has not been easy, or music to my ears.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:29 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times
What "blame"?

I give them all CREDIT for ridding the world of Saddam Hussein!!!

Old 02-26-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
What "blame"?

I give them all CREDIT for ridding the world of Saddam Hussein!!!
Send your son to North Korea and all the other countries that have cruel dictators. Some of the countries actually have WMD.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:34 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
I don't even know what that is. I don't live in the US. Im done with you. I just stop talking to people that make baseless claims like you just did.

I think you are trying to rewrite history. Its an easy thing to find out which politicians voted for the war and then blame these (regardless of their party, that includes the Democrats that voted for the war).
Interesting that you are trying to interject from another country and you dont even know the topic
Baseless claims have no evidence I have presented videos that are in their own words I cannot help it if some cannot understand what they are saying in the videos or how they pertain to the topic of discussion

Old 02-26-2011, 11:34 AM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Libs do not understand how things work.

Maybe they should ask the current VP and SoS why they voted YES to send our troops to war.
Sunny-Days 90 !!! ... On The Money ! ( rep later )

Indeed who would dare ask such lib royalty as ole Dr. Joe and her Grace Hilly about such totally nasty and uncouth items regarding "Going To War"! How totally "unthinkable" !

Surely this so called highly intellectual and all knowing crew would not have voted in favor of such an acutely barbaric political decision as this !!! What ? ... Say It Ain't So Joe !

Some of our good ole "Looney Lib" buddies do have an irksome tendency to sort of overlook little insignifigant items like this ... do they not ?

Of course all that good tasting "Kool Aid" has most of these good folks absolutely believing that it's all old Geroge Bush's fault ... Yes that must be it !

It's all G. Bushes fault !!!!!!! No way around it !

Cheerio / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 02-26-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Interesting that you are trying to interject from another country and you dont even know the topic
Baseless claims have no evidence I have presented videos that are in their own words I cannot help it if some cannot understand what they are saying in the videos or how they pertain to the topic of discussion
This is a baseless claim: instead of listening to the bias liberal msm's.

Did the majority of Democrats vote for the war in Iraq or not?Bill Clinton is not the topic of the thread. You were trying to hijack it.
What is wrong about holding the ones responsible that voted for the war? In the end, these people are the ones that are responsible for it. No one forced them to vote the invasion in Iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies