Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2011, 06:03 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The human brain isn't fully developed until the age of 25. Two or three years doesn't make that much of a difference, even less in todays world.

Humans are heard animals. Studies have been done showing that "gang" mentality can influence people into doing things that they know are wrong. I'll have to look it up, but they showed a group of 10 people a picture of a rectangle. Five of them were in on the study. Then they changed the picture to a triangle, and the five in on it swore it was still a rectangle. Four out of the other Five began to agree with the group, knowing they were seeing a triangle, but calling it a rectangle. One person did not.

This proves that when a group of people start doing something that is wrong, other people will agree with that, so as not to upset the heard.

We all know that rape is wrong, especially when someone is 11 years old like this. But there are other reasonings other than what people here are thinking. These boys should have to go through tough psychological examination, and hopefully they can go on to help them as they get older.

Of course they should be punished, but there is more to play here then the initial reaction by most of us.

WHAT???
My daughter was raped at knife point by a serial rapist, he raped her all night with a knife to her neck and he raped her in every way a woman can be raped, he ran and hid for 5 days before they found him and had to arrest his mother and aunt for helping him to hide out,
he had just raped another woman the week before that was too scared to to tesitfy and you think we should feel sorry for these little bastards??
Help them, oh yes, I would love to help them I promise they will not have anything left with to do this again!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 06:22 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
WHAT???
My daughter was raped at knife point by a serial rapist, he raped her all night with a knife to her neck and he raped her in every way a woman can be raped, he ran and hid for 5 days before they found him and had to arrest his mother and aunt for helping him to hide out,
he had just raped another woman the week before that was too scared to to tesitfy and you think we should feel sorry for these little bastards??
Help them, oh yes, I would love to help them I promise they will not have anything left with to do this again!!
Again, show me once where I said that these boys shouldn't be punished.

I have never once said that. I feel horrid about what happened to your daughter. A serial rapist is someone that I feel should be locked away for life without the possibility of parole. These 11 boys aren't serial rapists, and as terrible as the act that they are accused of is, I think that they deserve to try and be helped by a psychologist rather than killed.

There is a difference between vengeance and justice. Your post clearly indicates this. Again, I feel awful for your daughter and what she went through. I hope that her attacker is locked up for the rest of his life, and I hope that one day your daughter can move on from her attack.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
My liberal sense of justice leads me to send them to prison for life but my cheap Yankee soul suggests that a hangman’s rope can be reused. Let the leader of the gang go last. This should be done as soon as legally possible. Then bury them in a landfill somewhere. They need to be a dehumanized as was the child they raped.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:21 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Quote:
Again, show me once where I said that these boys shouldn't be punished.

I have never once said that. I feel horrid about what happened to your daughter. A serial rapist is someone that I feel should be locked away for life without the possibility of parole. These 11 boys aren't serial rapists, and as terrible as the act that they are accused of is, I think that they deserve to try and be helped by a psychologist rather than killed.

There is a difference between vengeance and justice. Your post clearly indicates this. Again, I feel awful for your daughter and what she went through. I hope that her attacker is locked up for the rest of his life, and I hope that one day your daughter can move on from her attack.
And how do you know they are not serial rapists? Most rapes are not reported. One rape is too many. Kill them now. Use the old British way, hung, drawn, and quartered. Look it up.

These monsters should be treated as the dung they are.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:21 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Devo Shaun Green. Say Devo and Shaun together with no pause and you'll get it.
blecch. i get it now.

that makes it even worse. mom probably thought that was just the cleverest thing ever.

Quote:
I swear some people doom their kids to failure with the crackpot names they give them. Devo should be castrated and placed on a chain gang for eternity and whoever named him should be skinned alive in the public square.
agree. saddling your kid with a messed up name like that is akin to naming him 'jailbird' right off the bat.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:22 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
They are very nearly 40% of the male black community. That's a substantial percentage.
Comparisons between whites and African-Americans

Try a comparison of comparable crimes and who gets sent to jail and the length of their sentences.
Black men are more likely to be sentenced to jail than white men.
I read one several years ago but can't quickly find it.
So your statistics are skewed before they're read.

Another thing to notice is when watching the news, see whose photos they show for violent crime more often, the white guy or the black guy. It was quite a revelation to me once I started noticing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Anyone who says death is not a deterent, clearly is not accepting reality.

Most rapes are by repeat offenders. Repeat violent offenders have less than half of one percent of rehabitualization.
Harvest their organs and exterminate the vermin.
How about some credible links on this assertion?
Since most rapes aren't reported, where do you get your information?

You cannot use "violent offenders" stats and use it on rapists.
Please let us know where you're getting your information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyd1963 View Post
Were the guys african american?
Straight to racism, I see.
It doesn't matter what color or culture they come from.

Last edited by chielgirl; 02-28-2011 at 07:56 AM..

Old 02-28-2011, 07:35 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times
Default Deterrent

We need to publically castrate these animals. Then, put em away for life. But, no cable tv, no three meals/day...none of that BS. Instead, hard labor, seven days/week for ten hours/day.
Of course, we need to publicize what their daily lives consist of so that maybe, the next time a sick bastard thinks about raping another person, they will think twice.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:37 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
And how do you know they are not serial rapists? Most rapes are not reported. One rape is too many. Kill them now. Use the old British way, hung, drawn, and quartered. Look it up.

These monsters should be treated as the dung they are.
Have they been accused of more than one rape?

As of now, until they are convicted by a jury of their peers they aren't rapists at all.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:43 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
WTF

How does any man, much less a group of them, even contemplate such a vile act? They even recorded it on their cell phones and passed it around.

Needless to say their families are complaining about the arrests.

Un'f'ing-believable.

"The number of suspects charged in the sexual assault of an 11-year-old Cleveland Middle School girl — which was recorded on cell phone videos and circulated around the school district — grew Wednesday to 13.

"But it's not over yet. More arrests are expected," said Cleveland Police Capt. Darrel Broussard, who declined further comment.

Four men were arrested and charged last week. On Wednesday, nine more suspects were charged......

Here's the news articles, if you can stand it.

The number of suspects charged in the sexual assault of an 11-year-old Cleveland Middle School girl — which was recorded on cell phone videos and circulated around the school district — grew Wednesday to 13.

More suspects charged in sex assault of Cleveland girl | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
In my onion, the proper punishment for crimes like this is a sharp knife, and thirteen jars of formaldehyde to preserve what we cut off, as a keepsake.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:00 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times
Quote:
Have they been accused of more than one rape?

As of now, until they are convicted by a jury of their peers they aren't rapists at all.
Sorry pal, but semantics are not appropriate in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies