Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 03:20 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Rev. Wright has never met Gaddafi nor do I think has he ever referred to him as his friend.
Really?
In 1984, Rev. Wright and Farrakhan went to Libya to personally meet with Qaddafi.

Clinton blocked Farrakhan from getting more than $1 billion in donations from Qaddafi in 1996.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 03:37 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, it has when one closes their eyes as you've done. Nice job of ignoring Eisenhower, Nixon, G W Bush to name just a few that come quickly to mind.
Nixon ended VietNam that was started by JFK, and ramped up by LBJ and the Whiz Kids (McNamara et al), both Democrats. Eisenhower concluded negotiations with China to end the Korean War (1950 - 1953), which was a NATO war started under another President (Truman) who was, as far as I know, a Democrat.

GW Bush - well you got one of three correct, which in just about any school around is an F-.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:50 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Really?
In 1984, Rev. Wright and Farrakhan went to Libya to personally meet with Qaddafi.

Clinton blocked Farrakhan from getting more than $1 billion in donations from Qaddafi in 1996.
No in 1984, Rev. Dr. Wright was invited to join an interfaith delegation to visit Libya in celebration of its 15th Jamahiriya. He did so. He did not meet with, nor has he ever met with Gadhafi, and he had to leave the delegation a week early to satisfy other family commitments.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:56 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You said:
I mentioned Wilson,FDR, Truman and LBJ as individuals who are on the left and led our nation to wars/invasions and occupations thus showing your observation to be a partisan distortion of the facts.
You have not disagreed with my points , but rather have applied the usual obfuscations when confronted with reality.

Come on back after you get your diploma.
Why don't you come back when you're not making excuses for your partisan distortion of the facts? You are the one who made a lame attempt at making war-mongering and imperialian acts mainly of the left when history tells us that's simply not true.

And believe me, some partisan hack making asinine, inane, baseless comments about diplomas means nothing to me.

Last edited by burdell; 02-28-2011 at 04:13 PM..

Old 02-28-2011, 03:59 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Nixon ended VietNam that was started by JFK, and ramped up by LBJ and the Whiz Kids (McNamara et al), both Democrats. Eisenhower concluded negotiations with China to end the Korean War (1950 - 1953), which was a NATO war started under another President (Truman) who was, as far as I know, a Democrat.

GW Bush - well you got one of three correct, which in just about any school around is an F-.
Nixon also ESCALATED the war and made incursions into two other countries so please don't try to excuse his war-mongering. There is also some evidence among the writings of his henchmen the end of the war was manipulated time wise to best benefit his re-election campaign.

BTW: Eisenhower sent advisors to Vietnam so don't try to palm the start of US involvment off on JFK.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:18 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
This is one time gona stick up for out President, yes surprising i know. Gadhafi has no right in the world, making any statement about Obama having to go. He sits upon his throne, with all his evilness, and he says ignroant things as this, His a-- needs to go and now.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Gadhafi says Its Time for Obama to go?
We'll decide in about 2 years.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:16 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
In 2012 there will be tons of folks wanting only one term for this Telerompter President.
Most of the Independents that voted for him will not do so again.

But, we will be civilized and do all this with our vote, and maybe this time Democrats will not block the military vote from over seas.
Democrat and cilvilized in the same sentence. Oxymoron.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:37 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Aside from GW none of them started wars.
So um fail.
But i bet he still has fopregiven Clinto for bobmbinghis hoe and killing part of his family.Always wandered why that wasn't a war crime;myself.But then JFK tried to murder castero ;so maybe they get a bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies