Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 07:16 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So basically your dad was pointing you toward a life of crime and if taken too far possibly incarceration by teaching you that it is ok to steal. He didn't teach you respect for other people, what is theirs can be yours, all you had to do was take it.

So when the kid tried to take his coat back and you tried to keep it, who in your mind was wrong?
I don't think right or wrong entered into the equation. He left it on the playground. I found it. Finders Keepers. It was MINE and it was just tough freaking noogies that he wanted it back. LOL

Part of this mentality, in addition to the "if you steal it it's yours" was that I was taught that if I lost something it was gone and wouldn't be replaced. So as far as I was concerned it was fair game the minute it was left out on the playground.

But, that being said, I never thought that stealing was wrong. I wasn't taught that it was wrong. It was like a big game to me. There were times when I was younger that I would have a job and look around for things to steal. It was like..."In your face, boss". Frankly, I'm surprised I never got caught. That was a long time ago, nobody had security cameras and stuff. Today, I'd probably be doing time.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 07:22 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I don't think right or wrong entered into the equation. He left it on the playground. I found it. Finders Keepers. It was MINE and it was just tough freaking noogies that he wanted it back. LOL

Part of this mentality, in addition to the "if you steal it it's yours" was that I was taught that if I lost something it was gone and wouldn't be replaced. So as far as I was concerned it was fair game the minute it was left out on the playground.

But, that being said, I never thought that stealing was wrong. I wasn't taught that it was wrong. It was like a big game to me. There were times when I was younger that I would have a job and look around for things to steal. It was like..."In your face, boss". Frankly, I'm surprised I never got caught. That was a long time ago, nobody had security cameras and stuff. Today, I'd probably be doing time.

20yrsinBranson
tough freaking noogies lol. Eventually you might have been eyeballing a car that was left on the curbside.

When I started working in a major city but couldn't afford to pay for parking in the garage so I parked on a side street. Yep, I was very naive. I spent everything I had on this winter waist coat, I was so excited about it. It was a little warmer than I thought so I left it in the car. Yep! When I got out of work I tried to start my clunker car, it was dead, turns out, someone stole the car battery and stole my coat. lol, guess they didn't like the car though. I couldn't figure that one out. I lived over an hour away and had to call my parents to get me.

Last edited by petch751; 12-14-2013 at 07:32 PM..

Old 12-14-2013, 07:34 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
He doesn't have to be smart, or respectful, he doesn't need to care how Americans feel, he doesn't even need to be honest. Yes his physical appearance is all he needs for you to support him.
Or in your case hate him. Why don't you have such a dislike to the worst Congress in modern history? Maybe because you like the way that they look?

Old 12-14-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Or in your case hate him. Why don't you have such a dislike to the worst Congress in modern history? Maybe because you like the way that they look?
He doesn't have to be smart, or respectful, or care how Americans feel, he doesn't even need to be honest. Yes his physical appearance is all he needs for you to support him.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
He doesn't have to be smart, or respectful, or care how Americans feel, he doesn't even need to be honest. Yes his physical appearance is all he needs for you to support him.
What makes you think that I support him based on his appearance? I noticed how you conviently ignore what I said about Congress as well. I guess that person in the W.H should have already have known his place in your eyes

Old 12-14-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
What makes you think that I support him based on his appearance? I noticed how you conviently ignore what I said about Congress as well. I guess that person in the W.H should have already have known his place in your eyes
As long as you talk like that I really don't care to debate you.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
As long as you talk like that I really don't care to debate you.

Of course not when the truth hurts so much. Besides what is there to debate, you insinuated that I supported Obama based on his appearance (meaning because he is black) and I counter with you totally ignoring the appearance of the Congress and their role in destruction of this country.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:26 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,468 times
Quote:
Of course not when the truth hurts so much. Besides what is there to debate, you insinuated that I supported Obama based on his appearance (meaning because he is black) and I counter with you totally ignoring the appearance of the Congress and their role in destruction of this country.
No doubt you do like comrade obama, as you use a blog name describing him... Good work...

Old 12-14-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Read below. You tried to blame it on physical appearance then deny you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime
I realize that you have a real hatered for Obama but the government has been consistantly going downhill proably since (or before Reagan). I just think that it is interesting that since Obama has been president he is catching alot of the blame for things that have been set in motion 10-20 years ago. I guess because of his physical appearance riles up enough people to notice that the government has been screwing them over for years and all he is doing is following orders just like those before him.

The really sad thing about it is that alot of Americans are so blinded by hate and ignorance that many of them totally obsolve the senate and congress for their hand in the way things are going in this country.
NEXT!

Old 12-14-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:

Riiiiight, I'm pretty sure that people like Paris Hilton worked very hard to get where she is now as far as wealth In the majority of cases it the acheivements of the parents/grandparents which is the foundation for many trust fund babies and nothing that they did to obtain it. You talk of motivation, but there are two different trains of thoughts of this as well. If you are already wealthy your primary motivation is greed. If you are poor, you motivation is to survive by any means possible and if you are barely making it your motivation is to not be poor.
WOW, I didn't realize that Paris Hilton only pulled $200k a year??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies