Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 09:49 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You can thank American political correctness for adminstration after administration being unwilling to enforce immigration law. The Obama administration is particularly bold when it comes to protecting the "rights" of illegal immigrants when they, in fact, have no rights.
Yes, and Obama is concerned with taking those rights away from us who do have rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 10:02 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I believe this is one of the reasons California is in such dire financial straits. If a US citizen was in another country illegally, that country would not pay thier medical expenses.
Personally, and coming from a family of doctors (I'm actually the only math/engineering oriented person in the family since one of my great grandfathers), and having talked on this subject, my brother-in-law (a surgeon) remarked that he could never make citizenship an issue, especially in ERs. Humanitarianism first. It is also why a lot of churches like the idea of extending their services to everybody, without drawing political boundaries. Only governments tend to do that.

I realize that this was a question you had to Californian liberals, but then, you're neither (and a Texan like me), so I took the liberty to respond.

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 02-28-2011 at 11:25 AM..

Old 02-28-2011, 11:23 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
How many people who claim to be against "illegal" immigration refuse to buy fruit and vegetables or stay in hotels?

Hypocrites.
WHAT??? Now I understand your level of contribution to this thread.

Fruits and vegetables? lMAO tears baby tears

Old 02-28-2011, 11:24 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post

Fine. When California becomes insolvent don't come crying for a federal bailout by our tax dollars then.
Why the hell not? It's the federal government's fault that states have a problem with illegal immigrants. The federal government needs to protect the borders and enforce immigration laws. I happen to think every state should send a bill to the federal government for every penny it costs us to provide services of any kind to illegal aliens. Maybe then we'll get some real enforcement, including steep fines (and even possible jail time for repeat offenders) for businesses or individuals who knowingly hire illegals or who can be proven to have lax standards on verifying citizenship. And yes, that includes democrats, too. Everyone.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:13 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The "illegals" were here first.

Read the History of California.
If you read history then you know we took it fair and square by kicking their a$$ in a war. Are you not aware of the universal concept of 'to the victor go the spoils'? Suck it up you looser.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:18 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Personally, and coming from a family of doctors (I'm actually the only math/engineering oriented person in the family since one of my great grandfathers), and having talked on this subject, my brother-in-law (a surgeon) remarked that he could never make citizenship an issue, especially in ERs. Humanitarianism first. It is also why a lot of churches like the idea of extending their services to everybody, without drawing political boundaries. Only governments tend to do that.

I realize that this was a question you had to Californian liberals, but then, you're neither (and a Texan like me), so I took the liberty to respond.

That's funny...everyone in every ER I've ever worked in can't stand illegals. They do their jobs (and damned good jobs at that), but they are internally fuming.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:33 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,651,821 times
Just a small look from the othersides perspective. M ex-BIL who was here illegally from Honduras was working at a job using strong chemical solvent cleaners. The American boss new they should have masks on while using these chemicals ... my BIL did not. The next day he was in the emergency room coughing up blood! He spent a week in the hospital to the tune of 40,000$! Should a 26 year old hard working guy been refused treatment? The fair thing would have been for the employer to pay. But do you think a guy who lets young men risk their health is going to do the right thing??

Old 03-13-2011, 08:38 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Just a small look from the othersides perspective. M ex-BIL who was here illegally from Honduras was working at a job using strong chemical solvent cleaners. The American boss new they should have masks on while using these chemicals ... my BIL did not. The next day he was in the emergency room coughing up blood! He spent a week in the hospital to the tune of 40,000$! Should a 26 year old hard working guy been refused treatment? The fair thing would have been for the employer to pay. But do you think a guy who lets young men risk their health is going to do the right thing??

Here's what it sounds like:

Some guy got hurt knowingly committing a premeditated crime.
His scummy co-conspirator in crime didn't have his back.

Now I'm supposed to feel sorry for him? Seriously?

Old 03-13-2011, 08:55 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
He shouldn't be refused treatment but his employer should have received the bill and jail time for hiring an illegal worker.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:11 AM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
This focus on illegals in CA is misguided. CA is still reeling from 8 years of village idiot Dubya and 7 years of Republican Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger. Neither did anything to benefit the state and everything to hurt it.

Illegal immigrants are future citizens. Bush did nothing over 8 years to either 1) put some serious bite into what it means to be "illegal" or 2) Stop illegal immigration. This essentially signifies that future citizens these illegals represent. In this great country, medical care is not denied to those who need it despite the desire of barbaric-thinking Conservatives to do otherwise. Incidentally, Conservatives would rather travel across the world to give humanitarian aid to people in Afghanistan rather than help people in need here at home. Screw the blacks and mexicans, but send this country into an economic free fall helping improverished, illiterate Afghanis and kissing Israel's butt. Pathetic.

Republicans scream about illegal immigration, yet hire illegals by the millions under the table because of the cheap labor and the obsession with maximizing profits. Hypocrites of the highest order.

I think executives should give up their record bonuses, made on the backs of underpaid workers, to help pay for the medical care of those in need. It's obvious that this is not done, or not done enough.
A couple of things here. What treatment? Life saving treatment? Sure. Other than? No.

I don't consider criminals who just managed to circumvent our borders "future citizens". They are "current criminals".

Why does everyone try to make this partisan? The far left and far right appear to both want illegals. Most of the voter base in the middle don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies