Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2011, 10:13 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times

Advertisements

Don't forget the code of silence: groups of people will ostracize and ignore you simply because you are "gay" or are allied with a gay rights movement. They won't scream out "f**" like Fred Phelps .... ostracism is the preferred method of harm. Ostracism is also the road to death: just read how the Jews were first defamed and then ostracized and then covertly murdered at "work camps", where "work was freedom" according to the Nazis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
And many families disown their children because they believe that homosexuality is a sin. The bottom line is that intolerance such as those standing by their religious convictions enough to put their beliefs into law contribute to the suicide rate of teens and gay adults. There is only so much negative feedback a young person can tolerate before internalizing their self hate enough to kill them selves. When everybody is telling you that god hates you, that you are going to hell, that you are a sinner and that your own parents hate you, how do you think you would feel? I was lucky in that my Mom was supportive and loving regardless of our sexual orientation. My stepdad was a monster and if I had listened to him I would have wanted to kill myself before finishing High School even. Any parent that can disown or stop loving their child because they are gay, do not deserve to be parents at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 12:24 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Don't forget the code of silence: groups of people will ostracize and ignore you simply because you are "gay" or are allied with a gay rights movement. They won't scream out "f**" like Fred Phelps .... ostracism is the preferred method of harm. Ostracism is also the road to death: just read how the Jews were first defamed and then ostracized and then covertly murdered at "work camps", where "work was freedom" according to the Nazis.
I am part Jew on my fathers side and I read the Diary of Anne Frank before I was ten.I have read other books on the subject too. I was raised as an only white child in a Mexican/Native American Indian household. I have read some on the forced incarceration of the original Americans into reservations also. I am sure there are those that would condone putting gays into reservations and say it is for their own good. I have one ex client that saw me on the news at a march against prop 8 and read my story on the front page of the paper and now they will turn around and leave an aisle in the grocery store if they see me. Does not affect me any, it is their hang up not mine. I am out to every one I know and work for and if they do not like, too bad. I do not flaunt being gay and do not look gay, I just am not going to hide it.

Old 02-15-2011, 04:43 AM

Interesting story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I am part Jew on my fathers side and I read the Diary of Anne Frank before I was ten.I have read other books on the subject too. I was raised as an only white child in a Mexican/Native American Indian household. I have read some on the forced incarceration of the original Americans into reservations also. I am sure there are those that would condone putting gays into reservations and say it is for their own good. I have one ex client that saw me on the news at a march against prop 8 and read my story on the front page of the paper and now they will turn around and leave an aisle in the grocery store if they see me. Does not affect me any, it is their hang up not mine. I am out to every one I know and work for and if they do not like, too bad. I do not flaunt being gay and do not look gay, I just am not going to hide it.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:45 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
So it's safe to assume that you're active in the fight against drunk driving laws?

Old 02-15-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
So it's safe to assume that you're active in the fight against drunk driving laws?

Old 02-21-2011, 10:42 AM

2 posts, read 1,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Joel Osteen, the pastor of America's largest church, defended his position that homosexuality is a sin on Piers Morgan's Tonight, saying that even for the talented Elton John, being gay isn't "God's best for a person's life." "I've always believed, Piers, that the Scripture shows it's a sin," he said. "But I'm not one of those who are out there bash homosexuals and tell them that they are terrible people and all that. There are other sins in the Bible, too."

Morgan touted the interview, which airs Wednesday at 8 p.m., as the first time Osteen publicly took this position, explicitly opposing civil unions and homosexuality as sins according to the Bible, though Osteen has discussed his stance more generally on a number of talk shows.
"My message is about lifting people up. I really only talk about homosexuality in the interviews," he told Morgan during their conversation.
Osteen appeared on The View in November, when he could barely elaborate on biblical teachings on homosexuality over Joy Behar's [URL="http://blogs.chron.com/believeitornot/2010/11/joel_osteen_gets_a_lecture_on.html"]interruptions[/URL]

He has never preached a sermon on homosexuality at [URL="http://blogs.chron.com/believeitornot/2010/09/houston_churches_top_list_of_l.html"]Lakewood Church[/URL] in Houston, though, where a number of its 44,000 attendees are gay, plus more among the millions of viewers watching on TV. The familiar-faced televangelist and author is better known for positive, encouraging, self-help-style messages

[URL="http://blogs.chron.com/believeitornot/2011/01/osteen_on_piers_morgan_homosex.html"]Osteen on Piers Morgan: Homosexuality is a sin, Elton John a sinner | Believe It or Not | HoustonBelief.com[/URL]
All he said was that its a sin...
Thats it.
He doesnt bash it, doesnt judge... Its like cheating on your wife. Frowned upon, not illegal, and looked down upon in the bible. He never said that all this fuss should be made over gay marrige or anything. So whatever. I'm bi myself, and I happen to love Olsteen.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:33 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Default Iowa bill bans gay marriage

With the trickery of the far left last year, in which gay marriage was "passed" into Iowa law via judicial activist fiat, the Iowa House and Senate is taking another approach.

The leftists democratic state senators in Iowa have prevented a vote on a Constitutional Amendment banning gay marriage. The majority of Iowans oppose gay marriage, yet the democrats are preventing the voice of the people to be heard.

In response, a bill is in the House (which will pass), which prevents the issuing of gay marriage licenses, essentially nullifying the Supreme Court's law. While this may be considered a "legislative trick", it is perfectly legal and cannot be overturned by the Supreme Court.

Bill aims to bar gay marriage, review by court | The Des Moines Register | DesMoinesRegister.com

I find it amusing when legal tricks come back to bite you.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:36 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,343 times
Ahhh, when the majority can enforce their moral beliefs on the minority. That's what America was created for, right???

Old 02-24-2011, 06:36 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Ahhh, when the majority can enforce their moral beliefs on the minority. That's what America was created for, right???

Well............................. yes that is right!

I guess it is the same way that the libs foisted Obama, Obamacare, and massive debt upon us. It is the legal process, after all.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:38 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Well, if it passes, it will be one less redeeming quality for the state otherwise known for... well, nothing.

Yeehaw states. Yeehaw values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies