Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2011, 10:03 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,809,751 times

Advertisements

Well, when you say the word "radical" you make them seem like they all dress like Boy George and pillage streets with pitchforks and torches. I'm just saying you are using a lot of hate-mongering words that distort reality.

3% of the population are Jewish: should we go insane just because they have "weird" customs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
The world population is 97% heterosexual which IS the population norm. The 3% that are homosexual are a deviation from the norm in every sense of the word, and NO, homosexuality is NOT normal in every sense of that word. The homosexual doesn’t like it because it makes him sound odd and different, well too bad because that is reality. Homosexuals are different. They will always stick out like a sore thumb because they are quite literally the intentionally differently acting “odd couple”. Whether folks like it or not the mainstream is the heterosexual 97%.

All the laws, activist judges and redefinitions are never going to change the fact that not everyone is or ever will be as thrilled and excited about homosexuality as homosexuals are and there’s nothing they or anybody can do about it and this infuriates the homosexual radicals to no end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 10:04 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,093,534 times
Quote:
The world population is 97% heterosexual which IS the population norm. The 3% that are homosexual are a deviation from the norm in every sense of the word, and NO, homosexuality is NOT normal in every sense of that word. The homosexual doesn’t like it because it makes him sound odd and different, well too bad because that is reality. Homosexuals are different. They will always stick out like a sore thumb because they are quite literally the intentionally differently acting “odd couple”. Whether folks like it or not the mainstream is the heterosexual 97%.

All the laws, activist judges and redefinitions are never going to change the fact that not everyone is or ever will be as thrilled and excited about homosexuality as homosexuals are and there’s nothing they or anybody can do about it and this infuriates the homosexual radicals to no end.
"Heterosexuality is not normal, it's just common."

Dorothy Parker

//got to use Dottie twice this week!

I'm neither homosexual nor a radical, and it infuriates me that people like you think you can use the law to express your bigotry.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:06 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,195,644 times
Quote:
When can we start denying jobs and housing to albinos, then?

Oh, and only about 11% of the world's population is left-handed. I don't want any of them in my office, they creep me out.

People that's different just don't got no rights, and that's just too bad but that's reality, yep you betcha!

Old 02-28-2011, 10:07 AM

14th amendment: everyone is equal under the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
When can we start denying jobs and housing to albinos, then?

Oh, and only about 11% of the world's population is left-handed. I don't want any of them in my office, they creep me out.

People that's different just don't got no rights, and that's just too bad but that's reality, yep you betcha!

Old 02-28-2011, 10:09 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,195,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
14th amendment: everyone is equal under the law.
You're preaching to the choir. Try recalibrating your sarcasm meter.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:16 AM

What is sarcasm meter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
You're preaching to the choir. Try recalibrating your sarcasm meter.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:44 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,267,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
The bible isn't ancient, the bible absolutely means the same today that it always has.

Scrolling through the past couple of pages of this thread, there is more effort put out by those who don't believe trying to argue, put down others etc.......GOD bless ya'll, I hope that you find peace with GOD in your life. Life is never easy but with GOD it can make tough times easier and struggles easier to bear.
The Bible isn't ancient?

The Bible was written in a time before science proved the earth rotated around the sun. Before gravity was defined as one of the fundamental phenomena of the universe Before all the continents were discovered by civilization. Before the discovery of electricity, the printing press, and most of what constitutes modern life.

To say the Bible isn't ancient id absolutely ridiculous.

the Bible was written when polygamy as recognized as social norm. Where slavery was not condemned. When the rights of women where totally subjugated. In short the Bible when some of the most primitive and repressive social practices where considered normal.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:53 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,166,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Okay, let's go slow- just for you.

We have two possibilites regarding the origins of homosexual behavior-

1. It is learned
2. It is genetically based and cannot be either fostered or prevented

I am still waiting for answer, I gotta know!

How will my and my families lives be different, what will we "live through". Walk me through it, I wake up, a few homosexuals are married, now what? What happens to me my wife and kids?

Old 02-28-2011, 11:13 AM

28,396 posts, read 16,246,399 times
Quote:

All the laws, activist judges and redefinitions are never going to change the fact that not everyone is or ever will be as thrilled and excited about homosexuality as homosexuals are and there’s nothing they or anybody can do about it and this infuriates the unhappy and frustrated homosexual radicals to no end.
Ah, the old "They're different/weird, so they're bad!" argument. A classic, to be certain, but doesn't hold much water outside of elementary school playgrounds.

Only 1-2% of the world population are redheads. Should we ban them from getting married because they're different, as well? They are, by definition, even less "normal" than gays, so.....

I'm willing to bet that gay folks don't care whether anyone is "thrilled an excited" by their homosexuality, so long as they are equal in the eyes of the law.

Stop letting your personal bias interfere with logic.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:28 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,714,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
As for homosexuality and being Christ-like? I never thought it was un-Christ-like to point out someone's sins.
Have you watched Joel Osteen? While Christ emphasized on looking at self first, before accusing others, Joel Osteen has made a fortune by selling the idea... "it doesn't matter what others think of you". And then outside of his show, he goes about telling what he thinks of others. Typical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies