Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2009, 07:46 PM

68,325 posts, read 54,330,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
It means it is partially true. the fact that has been done for years ,started under a different admin or whatever doesnt matter.

As the straws dwindle down, to a precious few....................................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 04:46 AM

2 posts, read 2,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MorningGlory View Post
OK I looked this up because it made me MAD... So before people get mad at me just listen!!!!!
I was talking to a "friend" just out of jail for 2 years (doing something stupid) living w/mom & dad rent free, w/ a landline in the house & no job, looked a little bit 4 work. But w/ no job in sight wants to get a free phone "why not" he said, I can sit at the bar get free drinks (cause everyone will buy U some since he just got out) and wait for a job!!!!!
Now that is a bad example!! I think most people do the right thing, I would hope! Living in a car looking for work a phone would be a big help, also for safety reasons! Single moms ect.. the 911 would be good & limited time Great All for that!
So if you need a phone You know who you are do the right thing! Life is short and and what comes around goes around!! By the way I pay for my phone good old Metro PCS!!
YEP, he got a Obama phone what a wast of money... one in the house & they gave him ONE!!! Not much screening!!!! To bad!

Old 11-03-2009, 04:24 PM

4 posts, read 4,367 times
I recently lost my job due to "downsizing." My husband had his hours cut back from over 50 a week to 40. We have a mortgage to pay and a son to feed. We have not had a working cellphone in years because we just couldn't afford them and felt we didn't really need them. NOW due to struggling to pay the mortgage our landline maybe shut off soon. I heard about this cellphone through a co-worker of my husband's. I am applying for it since we recently became eligible for food stamps until I can find another job. I have never had to rely on state assistance before and I am embarassed and ashamed but what are we supposed to do tell our 4 year old son we are going to stop eating? People can be so heartless. YES there are those "welfare moms" out there who abuse the system but give people that need to get back on their feet a break!

Old 11-03-2009, 04:26 PM

Also people weren't complaining that received cash for clunkers benefits! Just saying....

Old 11-03-2009, 04:32 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,335,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimisticMom View Post
I recently lost my job due to "downsizing." My husband had his hours cut back from over 50 a week to 40. We have a mortgage to pay and a son to feed. We have not had a working cellphone in years because we just couldn't afford them and felt we didn't really need them. NOW due to struggling to pay the mortgage our landline maybe shut off soon. I heard about this cellphone through a co-worker of my husband's. I am applying for it since we recently became eligible for food stamps until I can find another job. I have never had to rely on state assistance before and I am embarassed and ashamed but what are we supposed to do tell our 4 year old son we are going to stop eating? People can be so heartless. YES there are those "welfare moms" out there who abuse the system but give people that need to get back on their feet a break!
I'm sorry to hear about your current situation. Yes, people can be heartless. But you who these programs are intended for. There is no shame involved whatsoever. Keep your head up and stay strong. Things will eventually turn around for you. I'll say a little prayer for you right now

Old 11-03-2009, 04:42 PM

Thanks ozzie 679! I didn't mean to sound harsh in my comment. I guess I am used to living a certain way and feeling a bit sorry for myself. I won't let it get me down though. I have always been an optimistic person and will continue to be one! Peace to all!

Old 11-26-2009, 12:05 AM

8 posts, read 8,218 times
" Righties " ? ! Hmmmm

Because I work hard for my money, you want some because you feel I may make to much and you don't make as much, and thus your perfect world everyone should have an even playing field. Why do " Righties " contribute the most in charities then the " Lefties " ? Hmmmm Google that one. Oh yes . It is true. Why don't you see how much the evil dick cheney aka darth vader actually donated to charities Vs. Our own dumb as big mouth Biden ? Go ahead....Google it. Don't you see how left ways kills the human spirit. It causes people to be lazy and dependent on gov. Why get up off your ass ? Why invent ? Why work harder than the next Joe to get ahead when I'm going to be taxed higher when I make more. Why did unemployment go down when Clinton cut welfare ? Go google that smart ass. This country was built on the backs of struggle. Life is a struggle. Just because we live in America does that mean that we are entitled ? When I'm jobless, I bust my ass. Man. I bit the freak streets, knock on doors, make a living. Save , and move on. Hard times are part of life. We're bless to live in a place where we CAN , LET ME REPEAT WE CAN move on and get ahead slowly but surely. Other countries and not even remotely close, with hyper inflation, gov corruption to levels not scene here , mass killings in streets, limited liberties. It's time people got back to grass roots. Milton Friedman
style. Leave things alone, they will fix themselves. Don't mess with the formula that created this country. The founders of this country would truly be ashamed if they saw what the left has done so far. This is why we left and revolted against England in the first place. You want to talk struggle? Those people struggled. Who said life was easy?

Last edited by mossman; 11-26-2009 at 12:21 AM..

Old 12-09-2009, 01:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,035 times
no thats bull****, cell phones aren't a necessity. obama is a dumbass. he will not be re-elected

Old 12-10-2009, 04:03 PM

Things are looking up here! My husband got his hours back at work and I found a new job. Part time but I am still happy. I am grateful for the help we received. I wish everyone peace on earth and good will toward men, sounds sappy but I really do! I forgot all about this site until I received an e-mail today about replies to this post. I have been so busy. When I am not working or doing chores at home I always make time to count my blessings and as always I remain "optimistic" about the future!

Old 12-10-2009, 04:04 PM

26,202 posts, read 48,994,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimisticMom View Post
Things are looking up here! My husband got his hours back at work and I found a new job. Part time but I am still happy. I am grateful for the help we received. I wish everyone peace on earth and good will toward men, sounds sappy but I really do! I forgot all about this site until I received an e-mail today about replies to this post. I have been so busy. When I am not working or doing chores at home I always make time to count my blessings and as always I remain "optimistic" about the future!
Good for you guys!
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies