Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2009, 06:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,232 times

Advertisements

well i think thats good to give free cell phones for kids thats about13-17 if u get welfare or not.food stamps not cash bcause theyre able to get there own.theres people tryin to get this phone and already got one give them to the needy not just anybody who wants it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 06:12 AM

90 posts, read 71,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossman View Post
" Righties " ? ! Hmmmm

Because I work hard for my money, you want some because you feel I may make to much and you don't make as much, and thus your perfect world everyone should have an even playing field. Why do " Righties " contribute the most in charities then the " Lefties " ? Hmmmm Google that one. Oh yes . It is true. Why don't you see how much the evil dick cheney aka darth vader actually donated to charities Vs. Our own dumb as big mouth Biden ? Go ahead....Google it. Don't you see how left ways kills the human spirit. It causes people to be lazy and dependent on gov. Why get up off your ass ? Why invent ? Why work harder than the next Joe to get ahead when I'm going to be taxed higher when I make more. Why did unemployment go down when Clinton cut welfare ? Go google that smart ass. This country was built on the backs of struggle. Life is a struggle. Just because we live in America does that mean that we are entitled ? When I'm jobless, I bust my ass. Man. I bit the freak streets, knock on doors, make a living. Save , and move on. Hard times are part of life. We're bless to live in a place where we CAN , LET ME REPEAT WE CAN move on and get ahead slowly but surely. Other countries and not even remotely close, with hyper inflation, gov corruption to levels not scene here , mass killings in streets, limited liberties. It's time people got back to grass roots. Milton Friedman
style. Leave things alone, they will fix themselves. Don't mess with the formula that created this country. The founders of this country would truly be ashamed if they saw what the left has done so far. This is why we left and revolted against England in the first place. You want to talk struggle? Those people struggled. Who said life was easy?
*yawn*

Why is it that so many of you are nothing more than clones, spouting out the same nonsensical garbage? I swear, I've been reading this forum on/off for a few years now and I grow tiresome reading these idiotic, judgmental posts, written by people who 1) have nothing better to do and 2) love to pass judgment on others from their ivory towers, to make themselves feel "special".

Yep, you're special alright.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:23 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T5000 View Post
Why is it that so many of you are nothing more than clones, spouting out the same nonsensical garbage? I swear, I've been reading this forum on/off for a few years now and I grow tiresome reading these idiotic, judgmental posts, written by people who 1) have nothing better to do and 2) love to pass judgment on others from their ivory towers, to make themselves feel "special".

Yep, you're special alright.
Special is not the right word. I believe "Right" is much better. Maybe it keeps being said because it's true.

Noticed your join date is Dec 09. Hanging around for years, yeah right. Another drive by Lib.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:41 AM

90 posts, read 71,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Special is not the right word. I believe "Right" is much better. Maybe it keeps being said because it's true.

Noticed your join date is Dec 09. Hanging around for years, yeah right. Another drive by Lib.
A drive by lib? LMAO...that's a new one. Did it ever occur to you that I might have just READ these forums for a long time, without contributing? Of course not....everyone who disagrees with you is "a liberal" or something

The US is has a lot in common with Nazi Germany in the 1920's. People there wanted scapegoats - those scapegoats were the Jews. In the case of the US, it's liberals or Mexicans. The hatred is already here. If a strong leader were to come along and galvanize that hatred, we'd really be in trouble.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,165 times
i can agree that most of these programs are wasteful, but this doesnt strike me as one of the worst. the phones are cheap and come with limited minutes. i think this is most useful for people that actually might need it, not much use for a welfare abuser, they would probably spring for a flashier phone.

government cost is probably minimal too, i wouldn't be surprised if the carrier picks up most of the cost of the phones, because they are getting customers who will almost definitely purchase more minutes. but these days you can get a cell phone for 10 bucks, hell you can get unlimited from cricket for $25, so why even spend any tax dollars?

Old 02-12-2010, 05:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,219 times
If you actually take time to go and READ about the program you will find that it is in NO way related to president Obama nor is it funded by tax payers. It states that phone companies charge lower rates for people with lower incomes...Also, just because you are born in a more educated family, or are given more opportunities, or have gifts from God that help you to be successful does not mean that you are better than anyone else in this world. We are all humans, we all deserve to lead good lives. Mind your own business. This has nothing to do with you. And poor people are humans too. Why should they have to suffer just because they are poor? Those who listen to the cries of the poor and do nothing shall be treated the same way. Have a heart.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:07 PM

2 posts, read 2,219 times
ALSO...GO READ the information on the safeway website. Educate yourself.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:45 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,264 times
What's wrong with going to a public library and using a free email account for job contact info? Why a cell phone?

Old 02-12-2010, 07:01 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
What's wrong with going to a public library and using a free email account for job contact info? Why a cell phone?
Oh please. People cannot be expected to go to a library, c'mon! That is clearly asking far too much. [/sarcasm]

Old 02-20-2010, 11:00 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enr...blic/home.aspx

You are Eligible if:

Completely ridiculous. Cell phone is a luxury item and these welfare losers get a free cell phone? This has got to stop!
Obviously you haven't been effected by this "phantom" recession. The way you stereotype, I'm sure you believe it's exactly that... "phantom". Do you realize or even care how many people are out of work. Have you done anything to help? Or do you just complain all the time. Look... I'm sure there are people that are getting things they don't deserve. Happens all the time. But you are way out of line. I NEVER thought I would EVER need Public Assistance. But hey... things happen. Especially since the previous administration was so greedy AND incompetent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies