Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:57 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
If they can contribute to campaigns like individuals, they chould be taxed like individuals, very wealthy overpaid individuals.

Of course I'm sure the SCOTUS will figure out a way to give them a double standard in their favor.

They are, the US has the highest corporate income tax rates in the world........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 08:59 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Big corps should still pay taxes. period.

Why?

They just pass it on to consumers.

Corporate taxes only make politicians look good.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:01 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008
The US manufacturers plenty of its own advanced electronics and will surely pick up the slack if foreign products become more expensive(because of tarrifs and such). The US produces plenty oil as well. Try reading up before you continue making yourself more and more silly.
I'm sitting here wondering who the silly one is...LOL

The United States imports 9 to 12 million barrels of oil per day. Canada reigns as the United States' leading oil supplier, exporting some 707,316,000 barrels of oil per year (1,938,000 barrels per day)

Old 02-28-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Why?

They just pass it on to consumers.

Corporate taxes only make politicians look good.
Actually, no the shareholders pay the taxes on corporate earnings...Are you a selective reader? I have pointed this out more than once, as have others.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:10 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,057,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Too funny, I'll ask again, why do people refuse to read the links? The entire article was discussing income taxes. Read the link, you will see it was refering to income tax rates. You would actually have to read the sentence before the quote to understand that. You guys really provide great entertainment!
Here is the quote including the prior sentence for the challenged.

"Therefore, in any particular year, a large number of corporations have no taxable income. In fact, the Tax Foundation discovered that of the 25% of large corporations that paid no tax in 2005, 85% of those did not pay tax because they had no profits."

Thanks for the laughs!!
Since you don't seem to get it, I'll break it down even further.

You quoted:
"In fact, the Tax Foundation discovered that of the 25% of large corporations that paid no tax in 2005, 85% of those did not pay tax because they had no profits."

I highlighted "paid no tax". You responded (read: deflected) that the article was about income taxes, which was implied by this section of YOUR quote: "85% of those did not pay tax because they had no profits."

So what about the remaining 15 of that 25% that didn't pay taxes? You're the one that's giving me the laughs.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
Since you don't seem to get it, I'll break it down even further.

You quoted:
"In fact, the Tax Foundation discovered that of the 25% of large corporations that paid no tax in 2005, 85% of those did not pay tax because they had no profits."

I highlighted "paid no tax". You responded (read: deflected) that the article was about income taxes, which was implied by this section of YOUR quote: "85% of those did not pay tax because they had no profits."

So what about the remaining 15 of that 25% that didn't pay taxes? You're the one that's giving me the laughs.

What are you talking about? Do you understand the difference between income taxes and other taxes? There is no corporation in America that paid no taxes. There may be some that had no INCOME TAX liability, but they paid other taxes, sales tax etc. The remaining 15% paid no Income taxes for reasons other than not having a profit. I think you need to go to bed, you are in a bit over your head.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? Do you understand the difference between income taxes and other taxes? There is no corporation in America that paid not taxes. There may be some that had no INCOME TAX liability, but they paid other taxes, sales tax etc. The remaining 15% paid no Income taxes for reasons other than not having a profit. I think you need to go to bed, you are in a bit over your head.
You must not have been following this thread, because the title clearly says "US.Uncut nearly two thirds of corporations pay no income tax."

Clearly you are in over your head if you can't understand that 15 of the 25% that didn't pay income taxes, didn't pay income taxes (for no specified reason).

In layman's terms, $0 = Nothing.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
You must not have been following this thread, because the title clearly says "US.Uncut nearly two thirds of corporations pay no income tax."

Clearly you are in over your head if you can't understand that 15 of the 25% that didn't pay income taxes, didn't pay income taxes (for no specified reason).

In layman's terms, $0 = Nothing.

So what there are many reasons they wouldn't pay income taxes, including not having income!

But they paid OTHER taxes. There is no corporation in America that paid no taxes of any kind.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
But they paid OTHER taxes. There is no corporation in America that paid no taxes of any kind.
Sorry, this thread is clearly about corporate INCOME tax.

Try again?

Old 02-28-2011, 09:25 PM

No corporation pays income tax....None, nada, zilch...Only individuals pay income tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies