Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 05:51 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,014,414 times

Advertisements

Every time that I near tax time, I am reminded how unfair that this system is to the single taxpayer with no dependents. I receive the least in public services, but yet am forced to pay a greater share of my earnings to the gov't to support "others". I hope that the Gov't shuts down soon. Let the families with kids starve and suffer for a change, let the red states shrivel when the federal funds dwindle, reduce the bloated defense and continue to reduce funding on greedy Medicare Advantage plans and other welfare plans for immigrants. Reduce my taxes so that I can pay a fairer share and live a good life. Shut this government down NOW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 05:57 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,470,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Every time that I near tax time, I am reminded how unfair that this system is to the single taxpayer with no dependents. I receive the least in public services, but yet am forced to pay a greater share of my earnings to the gov't to support "others". I hope that the Gov't shuts down soon. Let the families with kids starve and suffer for a change, let the red states shrivel when the federal funds dwindle, reduce the bloated defense and continue to reduce funding on greedy Medicare Advantage plans and other welfare plans for immigrants. Reduce my taxes so that I can pay a fairer share and live a good life. Shut this government down NOW!
Let the families with kids starve and suffer for a change. Wow. Who says that we are not? You think it's bad now, wait for the price of oil to go up and you can't afford food any longer. We can't have the goverment shut down, we just need people in there who actually know what they are doing. Let's start with that.
They get enough taxes, they just do not spend it wisely.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:02 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,370,769 times
Well, the last time the Republicans (under Newt Gingrich) played with budget brinkmanship in 1995, it backfired - Bill Clinton got reelected by a big margin, and Newt Gingrich resigned his Speaker of the House position and fell out of favor (though it's pretty comiical that Newt's going to make a bid for running for President in 2012 - he's got so much baggage that Samsonite should give him a contract).

Yeah, the Tea Party gang are spoiling for a fight, but it's highly unlikely that they're going to get something good out of it. Boehner, the current House Speaker probably knows that it's not going to be a good thing, and he's more of a backroom deal type of guy than a smack-talking firebrand like Gingrich, so a deal is more likely this time.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:07 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,873,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Let the families with kids starve and suffer for a change. Wow. Who says that we are not? You think it's bad now, wait for the price of oil to go up and you can't afford food any longer. We can't have the goverment shut down, we just need people in there who actually know what they are doing. Let's start with that.
You're right about that .

More Taxes = More Waste

They need to cut out the sweetheart deals for politicians and their buddies,State Worker benefits and retirement AND incentives for lazy people that pump out kids for more cash and freebies.

Unless you're elderly, crippled or a War widow. there should be a limit to how long you can collect welfare and section 8.

Able bodied men and women should starve to death if they're expecting to live off the Government and tax payers indefinitely.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,169,371 times
Warning.. Warning.. Hyperbold posting of the week to follow!!
Quote:
Get real.. No one will starve or suffer that isnt doing so now.. How much starving and suffering do you think will come when foreign ivnestors wont buy our bonds anymore because we are too far in debt, and not only do they have to then reduce spending, but cut it completely..

Do you want to list some statistics on how many people starved during the last shut down? Backup your claim!!!

btw, you contradicted yourself, first you talk about the suffering and starving, and then you claim they get enough taxes.. If they did, they wouldnt be running TRILLION dollar deficits.. Obviously, they dont bring in enough, because if they were, no one would be starving right?

Old 03-03-2011, 06:29 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,370,040 times
Quote:
You need a better tax person.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:33 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,713,493 times
Quote:
I agree, we could shut down Social Security and Medicare, Food Stamps, etc and watch how quickly the worm turns. Sort of like all those Police and Firemen who backed Republicans in Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin and New Jersey.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:35 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,014,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
You need a better tax person.
I actually do OK. I am self-employed and manage to deduct a lot. It sort of equalizes the playing field with what everyone else pays (or doesn't pay). I still don't see why I should have to do it this way. God forbid that I become a wage slave and get the bejesus sucked out of me.
I hope that the Republicans are successful in shutting the government down because some people who pay nothing or close to nothing have it way too good in this country.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:44 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,990,154 times
Quote:
I'd love to see a version of this done.....Let's take all the Red States and offer them a chance to pay 0 Federal tax, but in return the Federal Gvt will not spend any money in their State. We would need grandfather everybody to ensure no cheating across State lines.

Blue States would make out like bandits not have to support these lecturing freeloaders.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezr...te_ripoff.html

Old 03-03-2011, 06:52 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,793,980 times
Quote:
I say you have no earthly clue what it is to spend a week of your life without food. You have no idea what suffering is and these ridiculous power struggles you engage or instigate regularly pull leadership off point serving the greater good. Most of this nation is too fearful to put any credence behind R's because they're acting like a totalitarian regime from within our government running contrary to the higher calling that is the USA. You will state your case in plain vanilla english or you'll be shown the door. No more razzle dazzle BS. Off you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies