Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 09:18 PM

78,383 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
At 10 million they are paid far more than any other government employee. As long as they owe taxpayers this kind of money, they are employee's of the taxpayers just like the person working at the DMV.
Yeah, if you want bob from the DMV running the company that we own a stake of then good luck.

Personally, I'm willing to pay 10% of a penny from my stock dividend to have a competant motivated CEO....instead of Bob from the DMV.

I mean, why not just have a random guy from the stands play first base for the Yankees?

Old 08-03-2012, 10:12 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
SunTrust Banks Inc., the Georgia lender that has yet to repay $4.85 billion in taxpayer bailout funds, reported a 34 percent increase in Chief Executive Officer James Wells’s 2010 compensation.

Wells’s total $10.3 million included $4.5 million in pay to be collected later,
primarily boosted by the changing value of his pension benefits, the bank said today in a regulatory filing. He received $4.6 million in stock, more than three times as much as the previous year, it said. His salary was unchanged at $1.1 million, and he didn’t get a cash bonus or stock options. The bank reported a $3.3 million option award for 2009.

http://blacklistednews.com/Banks-Boosts-CEO-Pay-by-34%25-as-Bailout-Loans-Go-Unp
aid/12828/0/24/24/Y/M.html

so did the CEO raise his own pay, or did the board vote to raise his pay?

Old 08-03-2012, 11:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, if you want bob from the DMV running the company that we own a stake of then good luck.
Is this suppose to be a good reply? This is a company that took billions of dollars to keep from going under. We could pay someone minimum wage and not do any worse.

I could pick random workers at the DMV and they would do less damage than say Corzine did.

Quote:
Personally, I'm willing to pay 10% of a penny from my stock dividend to have a competant motivated CEO....instead of Bob from the DMV.

I mean, why not just have a random guy from the stands play first base for the Yankees?
I'm not forced to support the Yankee's.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:14 AM

78,383 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Is this suppose to be a good reply? This is a company that took billions of dollars to keep from going under. We could pay someone minimum wage and not do any worse.

I could pick random workers at the DMV and they would do less damage than say Corzine did.

I'm not forced to support the Yankee's.
Ah, so in detail....explain what happened to Sunbank. Why did they need the bailout? Seems like you should know what happened to them specifically given your positions.

P.S. The Yankees are an analogy to any of the sports teams in the US. Much of the US population is indeed forced to help support pro sports via stadium building etc.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:26 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ah, so in detail....explain what happened to Sunbank. Why did they need the bailout? Seems like you should know what happened to them specifically given your positions.

P.S. The Yankees are an analogy to any of the sports teams in the US. Much of the US population is indeed forced to help support pro sports via stadium building etc.
Yep. Add to that extra police for crowd and traffic control around the stadium, etc...

Old 08-04-2012, 10:19 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Bush started the bailouts. Again, this is the reason they will continue. Partisanship always rules the day.
I don't care who does the bailouts. They should end. As should ALL product subsidies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies