Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 07:13 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times

Advertisements

I heard that the number of strongly-leaning Democrats states has fallen from 30 in the 2008 election to 14 now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 07:15 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Talk about desperate, the lefties and reality are strangers. Back on planet earth, here is how 2012 is shaping up.

NationalJournal.com - The New Normal - Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Some fairly exotic and politically problematic Republicans got elected in 2010 and might lose in 2012, but some of those losses might be offset by Republican gains due to redistricting.
In short, it would take something of a wave for Democrats to secure the 25-seat net gain needed to win a House majority."

"On the Senate side, Republicans don’t need a wave to pick up a majority. Needing a three-seat gain if they beat President Obama and four if they don’t, the math of Democrats having 23 seats at risk to just 10 for the GOP is tough.
Democrats have seven seats that today look competitive, and five more potentially in play. Republicans have just two of their own seats that look competitive today and just two more that might potentially be in play.
The majority flipping over is not a foregone conclusion, but it is certainly easier to see that happening than Democrats breaking even or gaining seats. This isn’t about waves, tides or even movements, but simply about levels of risk.
In short, the odds are a lot higher for this to be a “normal” election than we have seen since 2004 and not the time to fight the last war."

Things look quite rosey indeed for the Grand Old Party.
I agree. Things are looking up for the GOP.

All they have to do is hold to their principles that allowed them to defeat the dems in November by huge margins.

Libs are in denial and are scared so they have to start early with their scare tactics and fear mongering.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:21 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are there enough electoral votes in the other 40 states to carry the election?

As I keep saying he could settle all this crap by just releasing that document but I imagine it would be embarrassing this late in the game.

I still say that he holds on to the game to keep us split up and fighting.

Who is running for the Republicans today?

Who will the Dems run if Obama won't release the proper document?
"Even though Hawaii officials have repeatedly confirmed Obama's citizenship, his birth certificate has been made public and courts have rebuffed challenges, the so-called "birther" issue hasn't gone away."

Georgia joins Texas, 9 other states challenging Obama's birth | National | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/7452037.html - broken link)

Frankly, this smacks of desperation and will fail. Obama will be a candidate on the ballot in 2012. The real question is who will be the candidate for the GOP.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:22 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Then explain why since Obama came into office the amount of conservatives has risen and the amount liberals has declined.

Indys are no longer voting with the dems and have came over to the conservative side as witnessed in the Nov elections.

People will see right through the LIES of the left and Obama.

He has zero chance of re-election if the GOP send any viable candidate out there.

I think the left wingers are the ones who are scared.

Based on Obamas horrific record and massive failures you all know he has no chance of re-election. What fool would vote for him knowing his record?

Anyone with half a brain would never vote for him after the disaster of the last 2 years.

None of us know who the candidate is going to be so sit back, relax and stop being so scared until we know who it is.
Keep telling yourself that and maybe you'll come to really believe it.

*NOTE: THE NOV. ELECTIONS WERE ALMOST FOUR MONTHS AGO.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Even loony bin Ann Coulter stated none of the republican candidates that are planning on running have a chance of beating Obama. Not to mention after the attack on american by the Koch's and the tea party, 2012 is shaping up to be the biggest slaughter on the right in political history.
She even admitted at CPAC that if Chris Christie didn't get in the 2012 presidential race that the Repubican's couldn't win.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:27 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Actually, the Dems could have vetted the man and had proof of what doesn't seem to be proved yet. In fact, some of the states in that list are saying that the parties are responsible for that vetting and they will be held responsible if they don't do it.
Do you REALLY think for one moment that the Clintons would not have found a scandal if there had been one to find? I mean, come on. You know they investigated every little detail of Obama's life, no doubt. It was Hillary's big chance. Do you think they would have left any stone unturned? No way that would have happened.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I heard that the number of strongly-leaning Democrats states has fallen from 30 in the 2008 election to 14 now.
l

It doesn't matter. Republicans keep moving farther to the Right in their social and poltiical views and its turning off moderates.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:30 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
l

It doesn't matter. Republicans keep moving farther to the Right in their social and poltiical views and its turning off moderates.

I recall we heard the same thing the last elevction cycle. That worked out well for the Dems......

Old 03-01-2011, 07:32 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
I agree. Things are looking up for the GOP.

All they have to do is hold to their principles that allowed them to defeat the dems in November by huge margins.

Libs are in denial and are scared so they have to start early with their scare tactics and fear mongering.
Your side is the one that won't drop the birther issue. Between this and Walker, I would be quite worried if I were a Republican.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Then explain why since Obama came into office the amount of conservatives has risen and the amount liberals has declined.

Indys are no longer voting with the dems and have came over to the conservative side as witnessed in the Nov elections.

People will see right through the LIES of the left and Obama.

He has zero chance of re-election if the GOP send any viable candidate out there.

I think the left wingers are the ones who are scared.

Based on Obamas horrific record and massive failures you all know he has no chance of re-election. What fool would vote for him knowing his record?

Anyone with half a brain would never vote for him after the disaster of the last 2 years.

None of us know who the candidate is going to be so sit back, relax and stop being so scared until we know who it is.
The problem is this. If the GOP nominates a Tea Party candidate it's turns off the moderates. And a moderate can't win the GOP nomination and if he does he gets no support from the social conservatives.

Also the GOP has just created a huge problem in the Midwest which happens to be most pro-Union part of America. If the GOP doesn't do well in Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio they can't win the White House in 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies