Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 02:23 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,521,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
PS - When 34,000 black churches get off their fat pews and go out into the streets and rid their neighborhoods of gun toting drug dealing socio-paths I might FINALLY be impressed with the cadillac driving, anniversary gift receiving pimps who claim to be ministering to the black community from the alter of their mega sized ego palaces sometimes referred to as churches.

Let the Church say "AMEN"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 02:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,606,937 times
They can whine all they want. In the long run, their opinions don't matter much. The courts will have the final word.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:07 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,953,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
huh. you mean such 'artful locutions' as

which dictionary did you get that one from?
Scrunks and White

Using a hyphen to combine two adjectives does not create a new word. It is a grammatical usage used to combine two adjectives to express a single idea.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:14 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,604,535 times
Obama is screwed in 2012. There is still a chance this country will survive his disastrous single term, but it won't be easy.

Obama's biggest problem is he is so busy trying to kiss one group's ass, he pisses off another. He's constantly doing this because he has no backbone and doesn't have any true beliefs other than he hates the basic ideas America was founded on.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:19 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,749,644 times
Anyone who claims to be "Christian" and against homosexuals has no understanding of the Bible. Jesus was very clear that his teachings were the TRUE GOSPEL, not Judaic law. And guess what, there is not a single word from Jesus against homosexuals.

However, he did preach a hell of a lot against greed and how the rich could never enter the kingdom of heaven. While we obsess about gays like me, we fail to see that the evil Jesus preached against, greed, is disgustingly rampant in US society. Hell, many in the US worship greed and wealth, even the large pastors preach the value of wealth. I'd say the US may be the least "Christian" country in the world.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:22 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,953,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire View Post
Obama will lose because of trying to promote equality. Scandalous.
When it comes to the black vote, despite the bigoted nature of some of our folks, I wouldn't bet against him.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:23 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,523,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
interesting. will this coalition in turn be blasted as 'homophobes' by our resident leftists?
No, they will be labeled as what they are, which is typical bigoted Christians.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:26 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,761,527 times
Default Does it matter to you what Jesus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
I'm still waiting on someone to quote a gospel verse in which Jesus teaches anything about homosexuality let alone, gay marriage.
..Somehow I get the feeling it doesn't.....Please correct me if I am wrong.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:29 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,068,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I'll be curious to see if the membership in those churches vote democrat next time around.
Yea, right. I can end your curiosity right now. YES...they will! Heck, how else should they vote?

Old 03-02-2011, 03:32 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,330,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Discrimination would involve not hiring gays, not renting an apt to them, not being willing to provide medical care or insurance to them, etc. In other words, actions that interfere with that person's right to live their life. Live and let live.
If it were live and let live, you would allow people to enter into marriage of the same sex if that's how they are wired.

I guess Xtians would prefer their daughters marrying closeted gay men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty
Forcing "acceptance" on society involves indoctrinating my children with pro-homosexual ideology in the schools, which is against my values. You do not have the right to do that. I will try to "repress acceptance" of this ideology if you try to force it on me and my family, and in the process, interfere with MY right to live my life as I choose.

Tolerance, which has been the buzz word of homosexual activism, is not the same thing as acceptance. It used to be that all that was being asked was "tolerance" and somehow at some point in time, that was deemed not good enough; suddenly "acceptance" became the new requirement. That is just completely wrong.
Well let's pretend it's against MY values to teach children about religions, and that I abhor the fact that we have to respect the concept of "freedom of religion" because I view that as synonymous with someone saying I should respect the freedom to believe in Leprechauns and Unicorns. Let's pretend that in my house, I taught my children that in a just world, people who speak to invisible people with wings who live in the sky should be institutionalized. Why should I have to yet ACCEPT my children learning in school that they should ACCEPT mentally disturbed behavior and beliefs?

Or, say I'm a parent who views religion as an evil institution adopted by and promoted by weak willed individuals. Why must schools teach tolerance of religious people, when for example the religious and things done in the name of the religious have DIRECTLY led to the slaughter of literally tens of millions, if not hundreds of millions of people throughout history?

Do you CARE what my personal values are, or do you think the overriding value in teaching "tolerance" of religion and freedom of religion is something that should be taught in schools, because in America, we value freedom and diversity of thought and life?

You and others who believe there is some "homo agenda" bogeyman waiting to foist homosexual ideals in elementary schools have misplaced fears. After all, as a society we have to "tolerate" and "accept" the mind numbingly ignorant rantings of religious nutjobs 1000x a day more than anyone wielding a "homosexual agenda."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies