Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 02:23 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,982,620 times

Advertisements

LOL....."Due Process" doesn't have anything to do with a rule passed within the State Senate. For that matter, neither does the 1st.

I doubt that I'd be going too far out on a limb to say that methinks that the Wisconsin Sate Senators just might know a bit more about what they can and cannot make rules about than you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 02:26 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
LOL....."Due Process" doesn't have anything to do with a rule passed within the State Senate. For that matter, neither does the 1st.
Yet another thing that is ultimately not your call.

It must be very frustrating for you to live on a planet where you don't make all the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar
I doubt that I'd be going too far out on a limb to say that methinks that the Wisconsin Sate Senators just might know a bit more about what they can and cannot make rules about than you do.
Oh, I have little doubt that even they do not believe the rules will stand up.

But it makes for great theater,

Old 03-02-2011, 02:27 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Absolutely.

They took an oath "faithfully to discharge the duties of their office to the best of their ability."

That's a whole lot bigger than merely "legislating." It's a real responsibility to real constituents.
They do not get that simple FACT. For Repubs they often forget those that voted them in office and do as they please which is the work of their masters, notice one of the first things they did was give huge tax cuts to their real owners, even though there was supposedly a budget crisis.
Casper

Old 03-02-2011, 02:27 PM

You can't fulfill the duties of your office when your office is in the State Legislature the ONLY place where you can debate and vote on things.

Silly Liberals think that it means away somewhere in Illinois!

Old 03-02-2011, 02:28 PM

[quote=KoobleKar;18104743]LOL....."Due Process" doesn't have anything to do with a rule passed within the State Senate. For that matter, neither does the 1st.

I doubt that I'd be going too far out on a limb to say that methinks that the Wisconsin Sate Senators just might know a bit more about what they can and cannot make rules about than you do.[/quote]
Think we shall see what the courts think about who knows what before it is all said and done
Casper

Old 03-02-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Article IV, §7
Organization of legislature; quorum; compulsory attendance. Section 7. Each house shall be the judge of the elections, returns and qualifications of its own members; and a majority of each shall constitute a quorum to do business, but a smaller number may adjourn from day to day, and may compel the attendance of absent members in such manner and under such penalties as each house may provide.

From the link you don't know how to use........

Somehow, the barking moonbats will try and twist that very specific language into something else however.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Somehow, the barking moonbats will try and twist that very specific language into something else however.
Ran out of agruements I see and are now reverting to the old right-wing tactic of insults.
Casper

Old 03-02-2011, 02:32 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
I must say it's kind of funny to hear some people that were outraged by the Republicans' use of the filibuster, a clearly defined parliamentary procedure, come on and defend fleeing to another state.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:32 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
You can't fulfill the duties of your office when your office is in the State Legislature the ONLY place where you can debate and vote on things.
Yes... you actually can.

The "office" is actually about more than just voting on legislation.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:33 PM

Houston3 seems to have ended the debate over if the Republicans had the power to enact such a rule.

Kudos to Houston3!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies