Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 09:11 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Yet in another post you call all black people, "thugs"!
While I don't think the manager of the theatre was racist, you on the other hand
Hmmmm. I call "bull." I seriously doubt that she did that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 09:27 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
And here we go. You people are like clockwork. I can honestly set my watch by the number of times a "let me gripe about those ******s" thread shows up on this board.
Good job....You people....

Old 03-03-2011, 09:30 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
This lawsuit is just as ludicrous as that woman in Illinois several years ago who received several million dollars in a settlement for spilling hot coffee on herself.
Not exactly. McD turned down a pretty reasonable offer of 20K - medical expenses and lost income - and several pre-trial settlement offers as well. A jury awarded Liebeck over 2 million, a judge reduced it to 640,000. The final settlement is undisclosed, but obviously less than 640K.

McD was not innocent, either. They deliberately kept their coffee at a very high temperature to keep from rebrewing, were aware of the scalding risk, and ignored it. They also told the court that they deliberately sold the coffee at very high temperatures because people would drive it to where they wanted to drink it - which turned out to be pure fabrication, countered by their own market research.

Spilling coffee is a dumb move. But people who buy coffee don't expect it to cause 3rd degree burns, or they'd handle it differently.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:38 PM

208 posts, read 416,197 times
Maybe he began the announcement with "You negroes need to..."

Old 03-03-2011, 09:41 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Yes, but it requires the ability to read and an innate desire to follow civilized social behaviors.
What a great set up for a ripping riposte, but I must resist...

Old 03-03-2011, 09:56 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Pretty soon, it will be considered racist to look at a black person, or speak to one. I am so tired of all this victim crap.
Reason #36 why very few Blacks vote Republican or Tea Party.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:21 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Especially if your a bigot.
How would they know that the person asking them to turn off their cell phones is a bigot?

Old 03-03-2011, 10:27 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
The responses have been understandable and quite civil, now your post shows up.

Some of the theater goers may indeed require the ability to read and follow civilized behaviors; just as you should learn to develop a civil tongue and leave the bigoted comments to yourself!!
I don't care if the those lacking basic, common social skills are grille wearing ghetto dwellers or mullet sportin', IROC drivin' meth heads. Especially if they shop at WalMart.

TURN OFF YOUR F'ing PHONES, DIPSH*TS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
What a great set up for a ripping riposte, but I must resist...
Oh boy, a riposte. And a ripping one at that!! Please, don't resist on my account. There's no better feeling than winning on teh internets.

Last edited by doc1; 03-03-2011 at 10:37 PM..

Old 03-03-2011, 10:30 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
The truth often lies somewhere in between. There are two sides to every story. I skimmed through the court manuscripts, my take on this. The manager came into the theater before the movie started and told the moviegoers in a rude and ignorant way to turn off their phones before the movie starts. Some of the patrons took offense to this. One of the movie goers, who I believe is Hispanic, got the crowd all riled up by screaming racism. When the movie got wind that that the manager didn't tell any of the other screenings to turn off their phones, this made them angrier. They became even more suspicious when the found out that there was added security checking for movie tickets at their theater room, but not the other screening rooms. Bottom line is that there are some racist people who don't trust or like Blacks, and there are some Blacks who see racism at every slight.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:42 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Reason #36 why very few Blacks vote Republican or Tea Party.
Because they want to keep being victims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies