Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 05:40 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times

Advertisements

Me thinks the OP has a case of class envy against people who have more $$ and higher social status than they have attained.

They obviously hate the rich but are taking their anger out on the, in his words "trash" who in his mind enable them to sustain their higher status.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:40 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
I am white.
I am lower income.
I am conservative.
I am not trash.
I also do not copy/paste in order to start new threads.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:44 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
The poor will always be with us.

The "gimme" class fail to realize that BILLIONS of dollars have been "invested" in them and they have failed to take advantage of it, except for living "hand to mouth".

BILLIONS more on education, which keeps getting worse.

Conservative poor actually get it.

You need to work for a living.

Look up Laz Alonzo....Lead actor on the new TV Series Breakout Kings.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:57 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
They also tend to have the highest African/American populations.
That's not entirely true. Here is link to the states that lean Republican according to the percentage of people polled.

State of the States

The leading Republican leaning states are Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Alaska, and Kansas, South Dakota, and Nebraska. Of those states Kansas has the highest percentage of Black Americans with 5.1%. That's not a high percentage at all.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
That's not entirely true. Here is link to the states that lean Republican according to the percentage of people polled.
State of the States

The leading Republican leaning states are Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Alaska, and Kansas, South Dakota, and Nebraska. Of those states Kansas has the highest percentage of Black Americans with 5.1%. That's not a high percentage at all.
I think he meant that the states with the lowest incomes are highest black population ie: Alabama, Mississippi, Louisianna, Georgia.
But you are correct that the highest republican states have fewer blacks. The OP wasn't calling people "black trash" just white people, "white trash". Although again, class and $$ are not directly related IMO.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:20 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
It's a widespread mindset that the hard-working people are victims of the 'bad" lazy people, usually minorities. American working classes are permeated with this belief. Never mind statistics showing that bottom 40% (FORTY PERCENT) of Americans owns 0.4% of nation's assets "a.k.a. wealth" and lead hand to mouth existence, at the same time top 20% own 90% (NINETY) of assets (wealth) or so. Never mind the numbers, it's the poors who ate everybody's cake because Rush says so. Sure, humans are hierarchical animals and most of us derives satisfaction & meaning from existence(or imagining) a group of people we deem "inferior". Ruling elites use this human quality as a social control card very well. There is a small problem though, American working classes are already on the bottom of social ladder, working ungrateful, unfulfilling, degrading, soul&body killing jobs for less, less and less, living in barely livable environments hooked on all kinds of drugs (including TV etc.), eating Frankenstein foods, (being?) robbed of community, connection with land, tradition, nature and each other, etc. American working classes (despite being better paid) in some ways are more deprived than their 3rd world counterparts. It just takes losing a job and/or money (maybe some oversea travel) to see what I mean.

So a boogie men for working people to feel better about themselves must be created by the professional propagandists. Naturally, it's "the poor", mythical welfare queens, food stamps recipients, Mexicans, liberals, etc. Divide and conquer. Classic. It's even more amazing but there are plenty of the Working Class Poors (classifying themselves as "middle class" though ) who are enrolled into food stamps, medicare, HUD, WIC, etc. programs who vote religiously Republican and seems cannot get enough of talk radio Gurus' revelations.

American working class swinging to the deep right and tuning in to Rush, Hannity, Glen Beck, Savage etc. while watching their jobs and wages go by is an amazing feat of dumbing down and mind control. There are no pleasant words to describe it. I can't quite imagine what developments can force working poors to align their belief with their self-interest and self-preservation. Seems American ruling classes managed to produce world's Best wage slaves who are compliant both inward and outward. I don't recollect anything of this sort in the history of human kind.

Lost manufacturing-

See Bill Clinton, NAFTA, and China most favored nation trade status

Liberal-

Those inclined to accumulate $5.8 trillion in debt over four years.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:30 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I object to the term "White Trash" as much as the "N" word or any other economic or ethnic insult. The rest of the OP's post is a valid observation of our curent reality.

The right has created a state of fear and anger that has diverted the wrath of the exploited from their exploiters to the folks trying to get them to vote for the people that are trying to help. Working people are not any dumber or smarter than any other group but they have been very successfully frightened and misled about what is in their interest.

The OP took a while to point out that a few destitute are a random event but for the bottom 20% to own so little and the top 2% to own so much is a system not an accident.
I believe you're right. But the system was designed by the Left. Studies repeatedly show that there is a direct correlation between education and wealth. The best example of that is the wealth creation that resulted from the post-WWII GI Bill and the millions of returning vets who took advantage of it to get a college education. One would think, therefore, that quality education would be the Left's top priority, particularly for the economically disadvataged, given the Left's purported empathy for the poor.

In fact educating the poor is not a priority of the Left. In education the priority is money for teachers and power for teachers' unions. The children are secondary. It's the same for the race pimps who style themselves "African-American leaders." They make common cause with the Left because they share the same priorities: money and power. What would have happened if those same "leaders", instead of Mau-Mauing the political class after the Vietnam war, had put their efforts into enrolling young black men returning from the war in the GI Bill? I believe we would have today a vibrant black middle class instead of a permanent underclass of welfare clients.

So spare us the crocodile tears. And spare us the Marxist re-distributionist drivel. You want to help the poor? Give them the means to help themselves, starting with a decent education system that is parent-controlled, not union-controlled.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:30 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
White trash or working poor? Huge difference. The working poor are those that are living without a net -- they are working two or three jobs and are responsible for their bills. Do they look down on those that use the system? Yes. Do they hope that one day their children will do better then they did? Yes. And there is nothing trashy about any of that.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:36 AM

Isn't "white trash" a very racist term? Why is it allowed?

Old 03-03-2011, 06:39 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I object to the term "White Trash" as much as the "N" word or any other economic or ethnic insult. The rest of the OP's post is a valid observation of our curent reality.

The right has created a state of fear and anger that has diverted the wrath of the exploited from their exploiters to the folks trying to get them to vote for the people that are trying to help. Working people are not any dumber or smarter than any other group but they have been very successfully frightened and misled about what is in their interest.

The OP took a while to point out that a few destitute are a random event but for the bottom 20% to own so little and the top 2% to own so much is a system not an accident.
If you just replace "the right" with "the left", you have the same truths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies