Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 03:29 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,174 times

Advertisements

It's a widespread mindset that the hard-working people are victims of the 'bad" lazy people, usually minorities. American working classes are permeated with this belief. Never mind statistics showing that bottom 40% (FORTY PERCENT) of Americans owns 0.4% of nation's assets "a.k.a. wealth" and lead hand to mouth existence, at the same time top 20% own 90% (NINETY) of assets (wealth) or so. Never mind the numbers, it's the poors who ate everybody's cake because Rush says so. Sure, humans are hierarchical animals and most of us derives satisfaction & meaning from existence(or imagining) a group of people we deem "inferior". Ruling elites use this human quality as a social control card very well. There is a small problem though, American working classes are already on the bottom of social ladder, working ungrateful, unfulfilling, degrading, soul&body killing jobs for less, less and less, living in barely livable environments hooked on all kinds of drugs (including TV etc.), eating Frankenstein foods, (being?) robbed of community, connection with land, tradition, nature and each other, etc. American working classes (despite being better paid) in some ways are more deprived than their 3rd world counterparts. It just takes losing a job and/or money (maybe some oversea travel) to see what I mean.

So a boogie men for working people to feel better about themselves must be created by the professional propagandists. Naturally, it's "the poor", mythical welfare queens, food stamps recipients, Mexicans, liberals, etc. Divide and conquer. Classic. It's even more amazing but there are plenty of the Working Class Poors (classifying themselves as "middle class" though ) who are enrolled into food stamps, medicare, HUD, WIC, etc. programs who vote religiously Republican and seems cannot get enough of talk radio Gurus' revelations.

American working class swinging to the deep right and tuning in to Rush, Hannity, Glen Beck, Savage etc. while watching their jobs and wages go by is an amazing feat of dumbing down and mind control. There are no pleasant words to describe it. I can't quite imagine what developments can force working poors to align their belief with their self-interest and self-preservation. Seems American ruling classes managed to produce world's Best wage slaves who are compliant both inward and outward. I don't recollect anything of this sort in the history of human kind.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:34 AM

45,202 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
It's a widespread mindset that the hard-working people are victims of the 'bad" lazy people, usually minorities. American working classes are permeated with this belief. Never mind statistics showing that bottom 40% (FORTY PERCENT) of Americans owns 0.4% of nation's assets "a.k.a. wealth" and lead hand to mouth existence, at the same time top 20% own 90% (NINETY) of assets (wealth) or so. Never mind the numbers, it's the poors who ate everybody's cake because Rush says so. Sure, humans are hierarchical animals and most of us derives satisfaction & meaning from existence(or imagining) a group of people we deem "inferior". Ruling elites use this human quality as a social control card very well. There is a small problem though, American working classes are already on the bottom of social ladder, working ungrateful, unfulfilling, degrading, soul&body killing jobs for less, less and less, living in barely livable environments hooked on all kinds of drugs (including TV etc.), eating Frankenstein foods, (being?) robbed of community, connection with land, tradition, nature and each other, etc. American working classes (despite being better paid) in some ways are more deprived than their 3rd world counterparts. It just takes losing a job and/or money (maybe some oversea travel) to see what I mean.

So a boogie men for working people to feel better about themselves must be created by the professional propagandists. Naturally, it's "the poor", mythical welfare queens, food stamps recipients, Mexicans, liberals, etc. Divide and conquer. Classic. It's even more amazing but there are plenty of the Working Class Poors (classifying themselves as "middle class" though ) who are enrolled into food stamps, medicare, HUD, WIC, etc. programs who vote religiously Republican and seems cannot get enough of talk radio Gurus' revelations.

American working class swinging to the deep right and tuning in to Rush, Hannity, Glen Beck, Savage etc. while watching their jobs and wages go by is an amazing feat of dumbing down and mind control. There are no pleasant words to describe it. I can't quite imagine what developments can force working poors to align their belief with their self-interest and self-preservation. Seems American ruling classes managed to produce world's Best wage slaves who are compliant both inward and outward. I don't recollect anything of this sort in the history of human kind.
Take cover! inbound class warfare talking point scud missle!!!

Old 03-03-2011, 03:49 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,339 times
Speak for yourself there pal!

When oh when will the whining ever end?

Last edited by dcsldcd; 03-03-2011 at 03:51 AM.. Reason: changed my mind about "quoting" garbage

Old 03-03-2011, 04:20 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,059 times
Allow me to translate the original post. "Anyone who disagrees with my point of view is an idiot."

Old 03-03-2011, 04:43 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,298,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
It's truly amazing to see people of limited means vote for rich people to get tax cuts and advocate for cuts in educational spending.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:46 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,777,875 times
I see the dinner bell for white trash was answered.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:53 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Allow me to translate the original post. "Anyone who disagrees with my point of view is an idiot."
Wrong translation. I tried to reason with relatively sane working class right (not easy to find) to find out why their political views are 179 degrees opposite to their current self-interests but.... they can't come up with intelligent rationale, all I could get was usual concoction of slogans they've picked up. The most intelligent rationale I've stumbled upon was - "Everybody has a right to become rich, one day it could be me/my children, so it's worth taking up your arse, working hard & behaving". That's bleak, sad, pathetic etc., etc., etc. point of view and life goal (as far as I am concerned), but it's rational at least. A guy making a bet on him joining 20% (at least) and proudly watching 80% in the cesspool of less lucky ones, never mind ever increasing size of cesspool, never mind ever increasing depth, never mind ever diminishing chances of getting out. Some people would take just about anything up their arse if there is 0.00000001% probability of getting out and watching/ruling over other' misery. No, it's NOT idiotic point of view it is much WORSE than that, I'm not referring to intelligence.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:17 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,491 times
Default As Opposed to White Trash Liberal Mentality!

Does the OP know that most of the poor vote democrat?

And I guess that it is OK in their mind to insult whites by calling them, "trash" but I'm willing to bet that be they get all warm and fuzzy and PC when it comes to blacks? Would they ever call blacks trash?

Why is the OP so angry and bitter and full of hate against people with a different opinion than they have?

Really there is no excuse for such ignorance.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:18 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I see the dinner bell for white trash was answered.

Now that was darned funny!

Old 03-03-2011, 05:21 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,298,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Does the OP know that most of the poor vote democrat?

And I guess that it is OK in their mind to insult whites by calling them, "trash" but I'm willing to bet that be they get all warm and fuzzy and PC when it comes to blacks? Would they ever call blacks trash?

Why is the OP so angry and bitter and full of hate against people with a different opinion than they have?

Really there is no excuse for such ignorance.
The most conservative states in America tend to also have the lowest incomes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies